PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry for 2 1/2 year old?

crl
10-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Dd is obsessed with my jewelry (and I don't even wear that much!). She has me put an elastic headband on her wrist as a bracelet. Is there any toddler/preschooler safe jewelry out there? I was thinking maybe Santa would bring her a bracelet or something.

Thanks!
Catherine

rin
10-24-2012, 10:28 PM
DD has some snap bead jewelry. I don't have any idea where it's from, but it's like this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-71055-Snap-Lock-Beads/dp/B00000IZQQ, although hers are fake pearls. Very fancy! :)

ETA: Obviously this only makes sense if your DD is past the everything-in-the-mouth stage.

lizzywednesday
10-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I bought my DD (same age) a wooden bangle bracelet from Target's regular accessories department when she showed an interest in jewelry. The interest waxes & wanes, so I'm fine with her having just the one thing.

I also remember my sister having a beaded bracelet when she was little; if you look at beaded with a clasp, I'd look for things that are individually knotted between the beads to help with keeping the beads from spraying all over the floor and out of little mouths.

sidmand
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I think I bought something from etsy at about that age. She was past the mouth stage and very girly girl!

brittone2
10-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Haba has some stuff IIRC.

crl
10-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas. Unfortunately she is not past the everything in your mouth stage yet.

Catherine

lizzywednesday
10-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas. Unfortunately she is not past the everything in your mouth stage yet.

Then I'd do a bangle rather than beaded because it's bigger.

I did a search on Etsy and found some super-cute things.

crl
10-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks! Will definitely check Etsy. :D

Catherine