PDA

View Full Version : Pls help me choose car seat for airplane

babyfiorina1
10-25-2012, 10:49 AM
We're traveling with our 2-year old DD this coming Sunday and yes...a bit of a last minute on the car seat. We have the safety 1st alpha omega elite car seat in our car and I believe it won't fit on the airplane seat and not FAA-approved.

We're looking for something that is not too heavy to lug at the airport and will be using this mainly for travel every now and then, once a year maybe or longer.
Some people recommend Cosco Scenera and Evenflo Tribute. Both are reasonably priced. Any recommendation between the two or other around the same price range ? thank you so much.

Anything else i need to take note with using car seat on the plane ? This is going to be our first time using car seat on the plane. We're flying with Delta btw. Thank you so much.

legaleagle
10-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Is she ff'ing or rear facing?

babyfiorina1
10-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Is she ff'ing or rear facing?

I'd think ff'ing ?

edurnemk
10-25-2012, 02:06 PM
If she usually rides forward facing in a car already, then go for a FF seat like the Evenflo Maestro, it will last you longer. It's our travel seat and we love it and it's very easy to install.

But if she still rides RFing in your car, then get a convertible like a Scenera (you can install it FF in the plane if you prefer).

babyfiorina1
10-25-2012, 02:20 PM
If she usually rides forward facing in a car already, then go for a FF seat like the Evenflo Maestro, it will last you longer. It's our travel seat and we love it and it's very easy to install.

But if she still rides RFing in your car, then get a convertible like a Scenera (you can install it FF in the plane if you prefer).

She's still RFing in the car. I'm not sure if we should still RF in the airplane, thinkingthe people who seat in front of her won't be able to recline the seat.

lizzywednesday
10-25-2012, 02:27 PM
She's still RFing in the car. I'm not sure if we should still RF in the airplane, thinkingthe people who seat in front of her won't be able to recline the seat.

It's true, but offer to buy them a drink and don't worry about it unless a flight attendant gives you hell.

We FF-ed our DD the last time we flew out and she kicked the seat in front of her 'til she fell asleep. I RF-ed her on the flight home.

Both trips, we had very understanding people ahead of us.

babyfiorina1
10-25-2012, 02:43 PM
It's true, but offer to buy them a drink and don't worry about it unless a flight attendant gives you hell.

We FF-ed our DD the last time we flew out and she kicked the seat in front of her 'til she fell asleep. I RF-ed her on the flight home.

Both trips, we had very understanding people ahead of us.

Yes, I thought about her kicking too :dizzy: That's a good idea. We never install a car seat on airplane's seat before and I hope it's not going to be difficult