PDA

View Full Version : Booster for 2 year old

Schmitty21
10-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Deciding between the Prince Lionheart soft booster and the FP Healthy Care Deluxe booster.

They're each around $25, so no help there.

Any thoughts either way? DS is totally over the FP space saver high chair. We have the high-back part removed so it's supposedly a "booster" but he hates it. Hates the big crotch post, hates to be buckled. He's content to eat standing up on a regular chair. I think he would sit in a booster at the regular table, but he wants to climb into it independently.

If we got the FP Healthy Care, we wouldn't use the tray for daily use, just have him up to the table, but possibly for traveling, or down the road with DS2. The Lionheart is much lower profile, and looks so easy to clean. Great Amazon reviews of both.

Our main goal is to get him to a taller height so he can sit. Both seats will accomplish that, just trying to think of pros/cons to help me decide. It's pretty much a toss-up. TIA!

abh5e8
10-26-2012, 11:32 PM
i'd go for the prince lionheart on. the FP HCD is a pain to clean...way more cracks and crevices to shove food into :)

jam224
10-27-2012, 01:17 AM
I actually think the FP HC booster is pretty easy to clean. But if you say that DS hates to be buckled, you probably wouldn't want it anyway. They'll just get in the way.

What about the Oxo Tot Booster (http://www.amazon.com/Seedling-Youth-Booster-Seat-Taupe/dp/B0067GKHHM/)? I think that's what I'm going to graduate DD into in about a year. It costs a little more, but the back support is higher and also folds down for transport.

amldaley
10-27-2012, 09:16 AM
I know it is not a booster, but he may do well with a Tripp Trapp. Super easy to clean, the footrest makes for a less fussy kid, he gets to experience eating at the table, and it is the last chair you'd need to buy as it grows with him for several years.

DD1 still uses hers at age 4 and loves it. We used the harness with her at age 2 but kept it really loose so it was more that we had a safety catch to preven her falling from it but she had room to move freely.

Just a thought!

Schmitty21
10-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks, all!

Yeah, if the FP booster straps aren't removable they may just be in the way, so leaning towards the Prince Lionheart.

amldaley - Do you, or have you, gotten a second Tripp Trapp for both DDs then? there's probably some good deals to score on Craigslist. I can see that people rave about them...