PDA

View Full Version : Need a harnessed booster rec...

twowhat?
10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
for Grandparents' cars. I am guessing I will need to get a harnessed booster. The girls are 4 yo, 37-39 inches tall, and 32 pounds a piece (LOL).

My main priorities are easy to use, especially for older, weaker hands. Both sets of grandparents have trouble with the safety 1st avenue harness buckles (depressing the button with enough force to unlatch the buckle.) They can do it but it takes effort. The girls cannot do it themselves. The radian buckles are even harder - one grandma can't even do it.

Price isn't as much a concern if I will get years of use out of it - I really just want easy to use, easy to install, will fit a variety of cars (i.e. whatever maximizes the chances of them using it properly)!

Right now the grandparents have a lexus RX330 and an older (1998?) toyota camry.

Joolsplus2
10-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Maybe you should take the grandparents with you to a store to try some? I'm thinking Evenflo Secure Kid, but gosh, I don't have any clue if it's hard for people to undo. Graco Nautilus is surprisingly difficult for almost everyone to deal with, so I doubt that's a good choice. Maybe a bucklebopper would help? http://www.facebook.com/BuckleBopper

smiles33
10-29-2012, 04:46 PM
I got a Britax Frontier 85 for MIL's Lexus 330 and my parents' Toyota Avalon, and it fits well in both. MIL and my parents are all pretty strong, but I think DD1 was able to unbuckle herself around 5 or so. HTH!

acmom
10-30-2012, 07:04 AM
I got a Britax Frontier 85 for MIL's Lexus 330 and my parents' Toyota Avalon, and it fits well in both. MIL and my parents are all pretty strong, but I think DD1 was able to unbuckle herself around 5 or so. HTH!

:yeahthat: Both sets our grandparents and DD (4) can buckle and unbuckle our frontier.