PDA

View Full Version : PBK My First Anywhere or Regular?

LD92599
10-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Which one? Baby is 5 months so of course not going to be used for awhile!

GvilleGirl
10-29-2012, 04:32 PM
We got the regular with no regrets. She started using it as soon as she could pull up.

edurnemk
10-29-2012, 04:43 PM
The saleslady at PBK recommended the regular since it's small enough for a 1 yo, but lasts a lot longer than the My First anywhere chair. We tried them both at the store and went for the regular. DS is still using his at almost 5 yo, and amazingly it still looks great in spite of all the abuse it's taken (he uses it for anything but sitting down: he turns it over and jumps over it or on it, he throws it around the family room, etc)

Minnifer
10-29-2012, 04:54 PM
I actually went w/the oversize when I got one for each DC - they were 6 mos and 3.5y at the time. Really glad I did - they're the perfect size for now and later, even when the baby was small. And they get used tons, both to sit on but even more so to bounce off of, make forts out of, slide down, etc etc, LOL. Plus I can sit on them pretty comfortably (I'm 5'7").

elbenn
10-29-2012, 05:00 PM
You can get very similar chairs for much better prices on www.uglysofa.com. I think the chair covers are actually PBK ones that are probably irregulars, overstocks, or returns.

sariana
10-29-2012, 06:05 PM
I thought DS had a regular one, but I found out last year that it really is a My First Anywhere. I wanted the same for DD and ordered a regular; it was HUGE! There was no way it would fit in her room. So I returned it and got a My First for her. (Unfortunately, I couldn't return the embroidered cover for the regular size. Anyone want a bright pink cover with Elizabeth embroidered in green?)

FWIW, DS is 8 and DD is 4, and both fit in their My First chairs just fine. DS is skinny, though.

acmom
10-29-2012, 09:04 PM
We got the regular with no regrets. She started using it as soon as she could pull up.

:yeahthat:

♥ms.pacman♥
10-29-2012, 09:13 PM
I thought DS had a regular one, but I found out last year that it really is a My First Anywhere. I wanted the same for DD and ordered a regular; it was HUGE! There was no way it would fit in her room. So I returned it and got a My First for her. (Unfortunately, I couldn't return the embroidered cover for the regular size. Anyone want a bright pink cover with Elizabeth embroidered in green?)

FWIW, DS is 8 and DD is 4, and both fit in their My First chairs just fine. DS is skinny, though.

Yay, i thought I was the ONLY person on this board who prefers the My First over the regular!! :waving4:

I have the MyFirst for both my kids and I :heartbeat: it. I can see both kids fitting into it until they are least school-age. At 2.5 My DS is extremely tall for his age (wears 3T/4T) and still fits into it with room to grow. My nephew at age 6 could comfortably sit in one, no problems at all. In a pinch I have sat in one (and i'm not a petite person by any stretch). Maybe we just have skinny butts? LOL.

I liked the small size bc that way they can easily carry it from room to room on their own. We have two, so maybe that's another reason why we opted for the smaller one. Having the regular ones would have taken up all the room in front of the couch.

wangstar
10-30-2012, 09:38 AM
I just ordered the My First Anywhere Chair in the brown suede; I figured that I can always change the cover for the second child when get over sized chair when child 1 grows up.

AnnieW625
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't have either, I have the Lands End chairs and they are a bit bigger than the PBK Anywhere chair, but honestly I kind of regret buying them because they are huge. The PBK My First Anywhere Chair would have been a better size for at least DD2 and probably DD1 as well as she is skinny, but I thought bigger was better! DD2's chair lives in our living room, DD1's is in her room. I got our Lands End chairs though for about $70 last fall when they were included in the 40% off coupon so it fit my budget better, but I do see the size of the My First Chair actually being better for people esp. if you live in a small house. Enjoy your new chair!

kaharris83
10-30-2012, 01:33 PM
We got the regular size and I think it's a great size. I sit in it myself all the time.

LD92599
11-23-2012, 07:51 AM
I went with the regular one and they love it!

wangstar
11-25-2012, 09:37 PM
I got the my first anywhere with the Sherpa cover

dsgirl
12-05-2012, 12:15 PM
We have the regular and love it. I can even sit in it:) Ds is 20 months and he will fit in it forever it seems:) Love those chairs!!

mackmama
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Regular. When I was buying one, several PBK salespeople told me to get the regular instead of the smaller one since the smaller would be outgrown quickly.

newg
02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I have a regular PBK chair for DD1 and a Lands End chair for DD2 and I actually prefer the LE chair! For the same price, it's a tad taller and wider and has a cute pocket on the side for holding books. DD1's name is starting to fall apart too and I know PBK won't have the same guarantee with a 4yr old chair that LE would have..........

But, PBK does have more choices for chair covers!

vtmom
02-08-2013, 12:48 PM
If you are set on PBK I would get the regular chair. DD1 has been using hers since 9 months. She's almost 4 and still uses it all the time. Recently we bought two of the LE chairs for DD2 and DS and I like them even more than the PBK chair. I bought the TWO LE chairs for just a fraction more than one PBK chair and they shipped free!!!