PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Need a crib tent rec.

KpbS
10-29-2012, 05:00 PM
My little monkey has decided to escape. She and I both aren't ready to give up the nap yet. Help! Any recs.?

o_mom
10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
AFAIK, they were all recalled (the Tots in Mind ones). I don't know if there are any left on the market.

nrp
10-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I had great success with just putting DS (my only crib climber so far) in a sleep sack every time. He couldn't swing his leg up to climb out. Worked like a charm for us!

KpbS
10-29-2012, 10:10 PM
I had great success with just putting DS (my only crib climber so far) in a sleep sack every time. He couldn't swing his leg up to climb out. Worked like a charm for us!

Yeah, DD vaulted out with the sleepsack on. :( Twice.

nrp
10-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Yikes! Maybe you have a future gymnast on your hands!

DietCokeLover
10-29-2012, 10:50 PM
I hate that crib tents have been recalled. They were a lifesaver for me with both of my dc. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any other similar product.

KpbS
10-29-2012, 10:54 PM
I hate that crib tents have been recalled. They were a lifesaver for me with both of my dc. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any other similar product.

I wish you still had yours! I remember when yours were escaping.

KpbS
10-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Yikes! Maybe you have a future gymnast on your hands!

Yes, she's adventurous for sure. I can't believe she's tried it. But there she was at the top of the stairs post nap, calling for her brother, lol. :help:

DietCokeLover
10-30-2012, 12:18 AM
I wish you still had yours! I remember when yours were escaping.

I know! I would definitely have sent it to you. Maybe check Craigslist for one.

AJP
10-30-2012, 08:23 AM
I had no idea these were even recalled! Uh oh. I had a climber and anticipated using the tent for DS too. Off to read...were all of them recalled?

o_mom
10-30-2012, 08:52 AM
I had no idea these were even recalled! Uh oh. I had a climber and anticipated using the tent for DS too. Off to read...were all of them recalled?

AFAIK. I think Tots in Mind was the only manufacturer out there. FWIW, I found mine cleaning out the attic and took it to Walmart per the recall instructions. They refunded me like $70 cash for it with very little effort (mine was a Crib Tent II).

AJP
10-30-2012, 10:28 AM
AFAIK. I think Tots in Mind was the only manufacturer out there. FWIW, I found mine cleaning out the attic and took it to Walmart per the recall instructions. They refunded me like $70 cash for it with very little effort (mine was a Crib Tent II).

That's the one we have. Maybe I should bring it back. Did you need any proof of purchase? I think I ordered ours from amazon...guess I should look up my purchase history and see what they'll do.

o_mom
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
That's the one we have. Maybe I should bring it back. Did you need any proof of purchase? I think I ordered ours from amazon...guess I should look up my purchase history and see what they'll do.

Nope. I'm not even sure where I purchased it to begin with. If you find the recall notice, it lists several stores that are taking them back, Walmart, BRU, etc. Walmart was closest to me, so that's where I went. They looked it up in the computer to find the price they sold it for and then refunded that amount. It took about 15-20 min because they had to verify which model I had (I or II) and get a manager, etc., but no problems with it. They even did cash instead of a gift card (which I would have been fine with) because it was for a recall.

BabyBearsMom
10-30-2012, 11:02 AM
If you search on Amazon there are a few crib "nets" that come up. No idea if those will work.