PDA

View Full Version : Is this how boosters are supposed to be?

doberbrat
10-30-2012, 02:51 PM
I just switched my Frontier (original) to booster mode. I had a good install in harness mode using seatbelt. BUT.... in booster, its awful. Tilted, seemingly unstable......

I feel like she's better in a backless that I use occasionally for carpool. dd1 is 7, 50lbs and 50in tall.

Is that how its supposed to be? Should I try to reinstall (again)? I'm cranky b/c I had 4 perfectly installed carseats and now I have 1 (or 2) :hopmad:

sariana
10-30-2012, 03:52 PM
I dont know how it's supposed to be, but DH refused to get a Frontier for DD because he did not like how it sat in booster mode. I believe "too wobbly" was the phrase he used. We have a Highlander.

mom2binsd
10-30-2012, 03:54 PM
You moved the base that flips right?

Hmmm, we have ours installed with latch so I don't know about the tippy factor, it is tall and will move around a bit.

doberbrat
10-30-2012, 10:06 PM
yup, moved the base that flips and I have it latched in. b/c of the flipped thing, it sits at a weird angle and I cant get the latch tight. Sigh dd1 has school tomorrow :cheerleader1: so I'll try again.

Joolsplus2
10-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Mine has never been a problem...but..I have captain's chairs that I can adjust to make things fit pretty much perfectly, all the time :o
I know when my kids first moved to highback boosters, there was a period of comfort adjustment, just because of the freedom to move and the general new feeling, so that might be part of it?

AnnieW625
11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Mine, a Frontier 80 was an issue when we didn't have it latched. Once DH latched it in really tight it worked quite well and I really liked it. DD1 likes it too esp. for long trips, which is mainly when we use it.