PDA

View Full Version : Gift for 2 yo nephew with older brother?

ourbabygirl
10-30-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm out of ideas, which isn't good because we've got many more years of gift giving ahead!
My nephew is turning 2 and I need a bday gift. Prefer B&M store, but I could probably also order with Amazon Prime and get it by Friday. (Maybe? Not sure with Sandy now...)

Anyhow, in the past I've gotten him & his brothers tons of books because that's what his mom has suggested. They're not really into cute clothes (have a bunch of hand-me-downs, & some cuter ones from his older brother), and have a bunch of toys. I guess I could get him a toy, but I'd like to make sure they don't already have it.

Any ideas? I'd love it if I could spend about $20-30 but have it be 'worth' more (she spent a little over $10 for my 2 yo son because she has an employee discount that she used for it).

Thanks for your help! :bowdown:

PunkyBoo
10-30-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm going to recommend the same thing I just recommended in another thread - Bruder truck!

candaceb
10-31-2012, 01:08 PM
DS just got a bilibo and he loves it - one of our favorite sources of entertainment during the post hurricane blackout has been spinning a light up ball in the bilibo.

brittone2
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Depending on where they live a bubble mower, although that might not get much use this time of the year if they live where it is cooler

does he like trains?

Montessori stuff? From 2-3 my kids played with those types of things a lot. Kid sized tools like rake, shovel, etc., kid sized wheelbarrow, kid kitchen items (banana slicer, nutcracker), etc.

M&D cutting food

Big truck (agree w/ bruder if you can find one in your budget. My kids love those). My DS2 loves fire engines and garbage trucks right now.