PDA

View Full Version : Just reschedule the party!

Mopey
11-01-2012, 03:35 PM
A dear friend is supposed to have her son's birthday Saturday. In NJ. Not only are we attending but I am working on the party.

She is not telling me until the morning if she is going to cancel. That is a f***load of work for less than two days. And the potential for unbelievable traffic, lines for gas, etc mean I will spend more getting there and back than I am even making. Most everyone has to go from the city and even some of her family might not make it.

Ugh, I am just dreading all the hectic work and trying to make what I designed when I don't have the right supplies because my suppliers are underwater and out of power. :(

Please just reschedule. He's too little to even know.

MamaMolly
11-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I know she's a friend, but right now you have to handle a business arrangement with her. I think it is perfectly reasonable to tell her that *you* are canceling due to an inability to get supplies, etc. Friendship is friendship but business is business. And she is taking advantage of your friendship by asking you to wait until the day of the party to know if there will even be one. It is a tough spot to be in, I get it.

Philly Mom
11-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I know she's a friend, but right now you have to handle a business arrangement with her. I think it is perfectly reasonable to tell her that *you* are canceling due to an inability to get supplies, etc. Friendship is friendship but business is business. And she is taking advantage of your friendship by asking you to wait until the day of the party to know if there will even be one. It is a tough spot to be in, I get it.

:yeahthat:

You should cancel and feel no guilt for doing it. Having a bday party for a kid in NJ right now when guests either don't have power or have to come from NYC is crazy.

Mopey
11-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I called her last night on my way to dinner (after having a cry-fest about traumatic cesarean birth with my mom and sis and then forgetting I even had a dinner to go to, on top of thinking of work - total PMS :hysterical:) and she was laughing hysterically about how she could never ask people to make the trip and she didn't know what she was thinking. :)

It was very sweet and she even said he's too little to know anything anyway.

And he took his first steps :bighand:

Philly Mom
11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Great update!

123LuckyMom
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm glad that worked out!

MamaMolly
11-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Awwww, that's great! Well, aside from the PMS ;) But I'm glad she saw the light. Sounds like she's got eye on what is important. Congrats to them on the first steps!

Mopey
11-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Awwww, that's great! Well, aside from the PMS ;) But I'm glad she saw the light. Sounds like she's got eye on what is important. Congrats to them on the first steps!

She sent a little video of when they caught him the second time - beyond adorable!

Makes me so excited - Miss M has started incessantly pulling up to standing and crawling in earnest the last couple of weeks so I can imagine how exciting the walking was!! :D