PDA

View Full Version : Recovering pack rat! Need help!

Jupiter
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I have kept boxes of notes from HS, ex boyfriends ect. I am trying to clean out, should I just toss them?? Will I regret it?

Also I have various items that I could sell on Facebook but that requires work, should I just toss them too?

hillview
11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
pitch or donate the stuff that you could make money on. if you donate you could get a tax write off. Get it out of the house is my mantra. the notes, i'd either pitch it all (most likely) OR I'd pick a shoe box size number of them and toss the rest HOWEVER it would require me to sort them all which is unlikely.

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2012, 09:43 PM
You could always take a picture of the things you might want to see again in the future but you won't have to store anything more than a digital file. :) eta- I don't bother selling stuff. I donate it. I just use the Veterans that come and pick up at my house.

Jupiter
11-01-2012, 09:56 PM
This was what I was thinking, just get it all out of the house ASAP!

California
11-03-2012, 01:23 AM
You might keep a few notes for your DD to read when she's in high school- let her know that you really were a teenager once :-)!

karstmama
11-03-2012, 07:06 AM
pick a size of box, like a shoebox sized rubbermaid tub. you can keep things that fit in that tub. go through twice, and the first time have the 'keep' and 'don't keep' piles, then go through the 'keep' pile again and really cull out your favorites to fit in the box. leave room in the box for future stuff, like great cards from your hubby or dd.

and, yeah, i'm in the 'donate' group - unless you think the stuff might be worthy of one of those resale on commission thrift shops.

sariana
11-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Scan the notes and create a digital file for them. That way you can access them if you choose to do so, or to share them with DC.