PDA

View Full Version : Really, DH? The Candy Fairy?

Twoboos
11-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Look, I get that DDs got a LOT of candy for Halloween and you don't want them to eat it all. Neither do I. But introducing ANOTHER fairy that takes stuff and leaves money, when they are **7 & 9** is a bit late in the game, don't you think?

Not to mention, she MISSED our house last night because she was soooo busy. Luckily she came while the girls were at school, but come on. They were devastated this morning.

:duh:

SkyrMommy
11-02-2012, 03:46 PM
I would be so ticked, especially as the 'made up' traditions get shuffled onto me here as well. And it's awful for DD when I forget.

On a side note, friends at a Halloween party we went to this weekend explained their 'pay for candy' for their older son. He has to negotiate with them for monies if he has tons of candy and wants money to buy himself a toy, the bigger the candy bar or a favorite of mom and dad is worth more. Ones no one wants to eat are worth less. That idea I liked.

georgiegirl
11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
My kids traded their candy (minus a few pieces) for a toy ($10) at Target.

hillview
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
that would bug me too. ARGH

soon2b4
11-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Umm... if he invented it, he needs to embrace his inner fairy, I think.

Totally with you OP, I would be ticked.

oneplustwo
11-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Umm... if he invented it, he needs to embrace his inner fairy, I think.

An absolute :yeahthat: times two!

SummerBaby
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I would be ticked too. I'm ticked at my neighbor, actually, because they did the "candy fairy.". DD told me about it at 8:45 Thursday night when I asked why she had candy on her nightstand. She explained she wanted to trade her candy for a build a bear ghost "just like neighbor did!". I told her not to get her hopes up, but she was pretty upset Fri when the fairy had not come. Grrrr. This is the same neighbor whose daughter gets $20 from the tooth fairy !