PDA

View Full Version : Flying...seats to take? (make switch to booster?)

endlessheather
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
The boys will be nearly 7 and 5 when we fly at Christmas. We have currently the Frontier, Radian and Marathon. In the past we flew with the Marathon and the Radian but I'm hoping this year we can just take the Radian and go to a booster of some sort for my 7 year old. The field trips at school seem to have kids using the backless boosters and a few hbb. I've been thinking of buying a booster for our 2nd car anyhow so it makes sense to buy for this trip and have it for field trips/2ndary seat.

So, what booster would be best to fly with....does he need a hbb for this trip or is he old enough for backless? I'm one to keep them as harnessed as long as possible but flying with big bulky seats every holiday is driving me crazy. We will be renting a SUV in Colorado to drive around in while out there for the week.

hillview
11-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I'd consider the bubble bum unless the kids are likely to fall asleep in the car.

endlessheather
11-03-2012, 12:10 AM
We have ~ 3 1/2 hours from the airport to family and back so they'll definitely be sleeping part of the way and need to be somewhat comfy. :)