PDA

View Full Version : If you have counter clutter (papers)

infomama
11-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I highly recommend this. www.containerstore.com/shop/office?productId=10020391&N=7&Ntt=fabric

I've been using it for some months now and I can't tell you how happy I am to have all the papers off the counter. We are a family of 4 so we each have 2 pockets. I go through it once a week and file. I attached it with command hooks to a door in our kitchen.

SnuggleBuggles
11-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I like that much better than other storage ideas because I am very much an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of person so I like being able to see everything. Thanks!

zukeypur
11-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Great idea. Thanks!

Mommy_Mea
11-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I bought this last week based on your recommendation, and it is already making a huge difference, and the orange/red one we bought looks great in our kitchen. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

hellokitty
11-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Gosh, I need one of these very badly. It is dumbfounding to me now quickly paper clutter takes over my kitchen! Thanks for the recommendation. I just need to figure out when I will get a chance to drive an hr to the container store.

kijip
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
I am thinking about getting one (or something similar) for homeschooling. I could put his assignments for each subject in a pocket for the week and have one pocket for completed stuff that I need to grade. Hmmm.

oneontheway
11-28-2012, 09:58 AM
These look great. Do they ever have free ship codes? We aren't near a store.

maylips
11-28-2012, 03:07 PM
These look great. Do they ever have free ship codes? We aren't near a store.

Not sure if it still works but try OHJOY

oneontheway
11-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Not sure if it still works but try OHJOY

It didn't work but thanks for trying!!

zukeypur
11-28-2012, 07:50 PM
So glad someone bumped this!!! I got a green one today

KDsMommy
11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
This is a great idea! I do well with keeping all the rest of the clutter under control, but the paper quickly takes over my kitchen. I definitely want to give this a try.

TwoBees
11-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Oooooh, I just now saw this post and what a great idea! This is similar to the Thirty-one organizer that I wanted to get but was too wide for where I wanted to put it. I like the price of this one better too!!

almostmom
11-30-2012, 12:15 PM
these look awesome! We bought these a couple years ago:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/office/literatureOrganizers/wallPockets?productId=10000375&green=67171D6B-87E3-5FD6-0D27-B702F845BA41

and they have helped, but this looks great too. We have 4, and they are labeled school stuff, things to read, house projects, and, well, the fourth has been taken down because it didn't have purpose! We still have clutter, but it has definitely helped as things fit in easily, and they look nice too. But if I can find a long wall for the ones you posted, I might need to get one!

essnce629
11-30-2012, 03:44 PM
I bought the same hanging magazine rack over a year ago and love it, BUT I still have paper piles everywhere!!!!

I have mine hanging in our entrance and I put all of DBF's mail in it (that he takes forever to open), magazines that I want to keep, and store flyers/coupon codes. I must need a second one since still have papers piling up from the kids' schools, art work, owner's manuals, and catalogs that come in the mail every day!

niccig
12-01-2012, 08:14 PM
I bought the same hanging magazine rack over a year ago and love it, BUT I still have paper piles everywhere!!!!

I have something similar - not as many pockets and magnetic for fridge/magnet board, and a magazine file folder on my cabinet + papers all over the cabinet.

My problem is that I don't deal with them as soon as I get them.