PDA

View Full Version : Not the birthday I was thinking of

niccig
11-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I know I'm even lucky that anything gets done to mark my birthday, many people don't even get that.

Normally DH and DS do breakfast for me in bed, then we do something together. Today, I made breakfast as DH wanted to use the new electric griddle MIL gave me and he doesn't know how to make pancakes. I normally make a batch and freeze them for during the week, so I did it. Then I had to take DS to gymnastics, and now DH and DS have gone to the movies so I can get some work/study done (I'm very behind in my work).

I got 2 gift cards that I can't use for a couple months. 1 is for clothes, but I'm going on a diet once I'm done with school in Dec. so don't want to buy anything now. The other is for a spa and I was happy as sooooo need a massage until saw it's for a place where we wil be in January when go skiing. I can't use it now.

Tomorrow friends are coming over for most of the day and my house is trashed, so it needs to be cleaned.

Blah, normal day of cleaning, working and cooking. I thought at least I could have gotten breakfast made for me and do something as a family, but not to be.

KrisM
11-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Happy Birthday!

I'm sorry it's not one of the better ones.

larig
11-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Poop! That stinks!! Nothing worse than having to clean on your bday, in my opinion. Hoping the evening is much more fun for you than the day.

And, frankly, in your shoes I'd just take a do-over b-day day after your semester is over. You totally deserve it with all you do in and out of school. :grouphug:

Happy birthday!!!

cuca_
11-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Happy Birthday!! I'm sorry the day is not what you expected!!

niccig
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM
My main complaint is that we're just so busy. It's not the end of the world. Just a bummer that we can't take a day off.

On a side note, my sister never called me and due to time difference, I know it's now the next day where she is. This doesn't bother me, except that her DH reamed us all about forgetting her birthday a few years back. We always called to wish her a happy birthday on the day, but sometimes our presents got there late (we're all mailing from another country). So, I'm tempted to call them and say "Hi, did you forget something yesterday?":icon_twisted:

Still waiting on a phone call from my parents. Seeing they haven't called me in months, I initiate all the phone calls, I wonder if they even remember my phone number.

hillview
11-03-2012, 07:50 PM
ugh sorry! can you reschedule your bday in a few weeks? Would that help at all? We sometimes have to do that when we are traveling or life gets in the way

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

g-mama
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Happy Birthday! I'm sorry it's not what you were hoping for. Total bummer. :(

DrSally
11-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Happy birthday! Sorry it wasn't more special. I know the feeling of a trashed house sometimes makes me very irritable when I'm feeling stressed to begin with.

soon2b4
11-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Happy Birthday!

Big hugs for you - I hope you get to sit in a nice quiet tub after your friends leave tomorrow with a book or a beverage. ;)

ha98ed14
11-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Happy Birthday! And wishes for many more! (((hug)))

crl
11-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Happy Birthday!

Catherine

JustMe
11-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Happy Birthday! Sorry it was not happier. I hope your down time and acknowledgement comes soon.