PDA

View Full Version : Swaddling Blanket Question

s2k
11-04-2012, 11:03 AM
We are due with #3 in early Dec. With our 2 sons we used large receiving blankets to swaddle them - my husband makes a mean "baby burrito", but we haven't been in the baby biz for a while (our younger son will be 6 this week). Are there better things to use than a large receiving blanket for swaddling? Do those swaddle blanket-things (swaddleme, miracle blanket, etc) work or should we just stick with the old fashioned large square we used with our other 2?

Cam&Clay
11-04-2012, 11:18 AM
We used the Aden & Anais swaddle blankets. They are now DS2's "loveys." Best baby gift we received!

stonecali
11-04-2012, 11:30 AM
They did not have Aden & Anais swaddle blankets when mine were babies, but we used and loved (and couldn't live without) our Miracle Blankets. It was the only swaddle (and we tried a lot) that DS could not break his arms free.

swrc00
11-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I am a big fan of the miracle blanket. They are worth every penny.

mmommy
11-04-2012, 11:40 AM
We like multi-purpose items, and one of our kids hated being swaddled, so we never used the swaddle-only products like the Miracle Blanket. We just used large square blankets. DD1 now uses hers as her blankets for quiet time at preschool.
The A&A muslin swaddles are really great - warm enough and cool enough, easy to wrap tightly for swaddling a newborn, great for building forts or playing "ghost" when the kid is bigger :)

edurnemk
11-04-2012, 11:47 AM
We love our Aden & Anais swaddling blankets, we got the larger ones and use them for a lot of stuff now that we don't swaddle anymore (DD is not a fan of swaddling and she's always slept great without it) I did use the Swaddleme with DS since I'm not that good at swaddling and he needed to be tightly swaddled when he goy very fussy.

I also used sleep sacks for a loooong time with DS. Now that it's getting colder I'm also using them for DD.

pinay
11-04-2012, 11:54 AM
DD2 is 5 yrs younger than DD1 and one of the few things I registered for this time around was the miracle blanket. We got 2 as gifts and they've been essential in getting significant blocks of sleep for DD2. She's been freakishly strong since birth so she was able to wiggle her way out of everything else. I will be SO sad when she outgrows it!

cookiemonster80
11-11-2012, 08:32 PM
We seriously have tried everything on the market- and most products (swaddling blankets, Velcro wraps, miracle blanket) worked for a little while- what we keep coming back to is the woombie- it's the easiest and unbreakable- the only negative is that dd2 needed her arms down by her sides which it doesn't do- so for awhile we used a miracle blanket inside a woombie.

Blakes Mommy
11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
We love our Aden & Anais swaddling blankets, we got the larger ones and use them for a lot of stuff now that we don't swaddle anymore (DD is not a fan of swaddling and she's always slept great without it) I did use the Swaddleme with DS since I'm not that good at swaddling and he needed to be tightly swaddled when he goy very fussy.

I also used sleep sacks for a loooong time with DS. Now that it's getting colder I'm also using them for DD.

ujbj,ndfknmkjynknb khmnkmnnhkmnjlkmuioopp y bhj n,vj