PDA

View Full Version : My kid doesn't need decoration.

Jacksmommy2b
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Why is it impossible to find baby clothes without tons of decorative stuff? Especially for girls!

I don't need ruffles on her cuffs, or her butt and a bow on the collar of every onsie. I don't want feet with Mary Janes stitched into them or animal appliques or itchy embroidery announcing she is a 'spoiled' 'princess' that 'loves her daddy'.

What ever happened to simple pink cotton sleepers? What happened to soft and comfortable clothes that don't require washing instructions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mopey
11-04-2012, 07:17 PM
OMG OMG OMG I am with you!!

My blood practically boils when someone refers to Miss Mopey as a "princess" or "precious." Barf.

Some girly stuff I don't mind but Jeezy Chreezy! They are nuts these days. She looks beautiful in blue!!

flashy09
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
I found Baby Gap good for non frilly pajamas and outfits. They had a circus collection that was really cute and neutral and just recently had a vegetable line that I bought a lot from. Of course my DD gets a lot of "handsome chap" or "hey little buddy", lol, but I am over ballerinas and princesses!

edurnemk
11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm okay with DD wearing pink but not everyday. I love how she looks in navy and white, or red and white. But people keep refering to her as a boy when she's not wearing pink or purple, even if there's flowers on her outfit. Why do people think girls can't wear colors other than pink and purple?

TwinFoxes
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I think there are some labels that are more simple neutral. Gap comes to mind. They had these onesies:
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=80376&vid=1&pid=571221002

I didn't love pink! :) I like other colors much more. If you're not wed to pink, Tea Collection and Zutanyo has cute (I think) clothes that are not overly decorated. Avoid Gymboree and the Babies r Us brand!

I get what you're saying though. No way in heck would I put DDs in a onesie with a stupid "I'm spoiled!" saying.

lizzywednesday
11-05-2012, 10:37 AM
I'll third the Baby Gap recommendation. We got a LOT from Baby Gap when DD was little because it didn't make me want to hurl.

specialp
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I have a son and cannot find anything unless it is covered in animals or "tough like daddy", but Gap has been very good to us.

roseyloxs
11-05-2012, 10:55 AM
I am so with you. My babies rock a lot of very simple onesies with baby legs.

StantonHyde
11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Carters was awesome for us--some appliques, but not itchy.

BabyBearsMom
11-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Totally agree! I hate that every onesie has to have a cutesie saying on it. Kissy Kissy is good for avoiding that if you don't mind $. I have had some luck with Carters and agree on the Baby Gap recommendations. I also like Tea Collection and Next Direct.

AnnieW625
11-05-2012, 02:13 PM
.......What ever happened to simple pink cotton sleepers? What happened to soft and comfortable clothes that don't require washing instructions?

This is why Hanna Andersson is soo popular here, although some would argue if you buy Hanna it should never go in the dryer, but for me that wasn't going to happen:bag. Gymboree, and Carters are easy to wash as well. Little Me and Kissy Kissy are good brands as is Baby Gap, but for the most part my girls lived in onesies and Carters Sleep n Play sleepers until they were about 3 to 4 months old.

For Carters I found a broader selection at the local Carters B&M store and while there was still the standard "mommy loves me" stuff I found a lot of cute and comfortable non pink clothes as well. Kohls, and BRUS had some nice stuff as well, but for the most part the Carters store had the best selection.

With Gymboree if you can get past the animal prints(:barf:) and really dig around what they have in the store or online (I think online has a better stock usually) you can find some really great cute stuff. I love Gymboree jeans for babies, and they have worked well for my girls as well, DD1 is 6 and still wear them and their shorts.

Macy's First Impression line is nice as well and not overly expensive.

queenmama
11-05-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm just realizing this (she's 6mo) as I shop for her clothes for Christmas photos. Almost all of my clothes are from Free People. So most stuff from Gap or Hanna doesn't really "go" with my aesthetic (I'm not talking about basics & jammies, but actual clothes, dresses, outfits...), but then you have the sequins and tutus on the other extreme, and that kind of stuff is all they carry in our local baby stores. Gag.

Lara

Mopey
11-05-2012, 02:40 PM
I am always trying to buy neutral stuff (especially because I don't know what my sis is having, and would love for the next to be a boy). Miss M is pretty much a Carter's/Gap/Old Navy baby. We received lots of pretty clothes for her (including the most beautiful, classic smocked pink dress she will totally rock for her first birthday) for the summer and still to come but I've needed casual, warm things to fill out.

I've tried to get a bit more girly as the other day I realized there was nothing remotely feminine about what she was wearing, her things or her stroller :ROTFLMAO: But now she needs a barrette constantly so that helps!

I will say I think this coat toes the line (and of course it looks straight from the 60s!!) - wish I could find a reason to buy it!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=8772&vid=1&pid=915112002

MamaSnoo
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm just realizing this (she's 6mo) as I shop for her clothes for Christmas photos. Almost all of my clothes are from Free People. So most stuff from Gap or Hanna doesn't really "go" with my aesthetic (I'm not talking about basics & jammies, but actual clothes, dresses, outfits...), but then you have the sequins and tutus on the other extreme, and that kind of stuff is all they carry in our local baby stores. Gag.

Lara

I would definitely steer you to Tea, in that case....Naajartie as she gets a little older.

lizzywednesday
11-07-2012, 02:04 PM

I will say I think this coat toes the line (and of course it looks straight from the 60s!!) - wish I could find a reason to buy it!

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=8772&vid=1&pid=915112002

I buy my DD at least one "dressy" coat a year for Christmas celebrations. Usually using my rebate debit card from my contact lenses.

queenmama
11-08-2012, 08:05 AM
I would definitely steer you to Tea, in that case....Naajartie as she gets a little older.

Just saw this! Thank you! Such great stuff!

Lara

Mopey
11-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I buy my DD at least one "dressy" coat a year for Christmas celebrations. Usually using my rebate debit card from my contact lenses.

Maybe it will be a Christmas present for next winter..... :)