PDA

View Full Version : ISO clothes for Corolle Calin

mikeys_mom
11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I bought my twins each a Corolle Calin doll last Hanukkah. They have held up really well even with several "baths" in the washing machine.

The girls are now asking for more dolls but based on their descriptions, they really just want different outfits for Calin. They want outfits with hats and/or hairbands but none of the official Corolle outfits seen to come with them. Anyone know of another brand that would fit Calin and is decent quality? These dolls are dragged around everywhere and the girls aren't particularly gentle with them. I do love the quality of the Corolle clothing and how soft it is compared to some of the other cheapie dolls they have. I'm pretty sure this is one of the reasons that Calin is a favorite to snuggle up with at night.

Or alternatively, where can I find just hats and hairbands that I can co-ordinate with the Corolle outfits?

katydid1971
11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
The best quality/cheapest clothes I have found for Calin are at Walmart. They see two packs of PJs that it 12 inch dolls. I bought some from TRU, they didn't fit well and were awful quality. I think the Corolle clothes are expensive but they are sooooo mice that that they are worth the money IMO. Watch Amazon, sometimes you can find outfits there for a decent price.

mikeys_mom
11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look at the Walmart stuff. The Corolle clothes are really nice looking. The only problem is that my girls really want more brightly-coloured clothes and corolle seems to have mainly light pink stuff.

Some of the Tidoo dolls have really cute clothes but they don't sell those without the dolls.

I'm thinking of maybe seeing if I can find someone on etsy to make some small headbands and hats to brighten up the corolle outfits.

jerigirl
11-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I think Etsy would be a good way to go. Though probably not much cheaper than the actual Calin outfits. I made our doll some jeans and a long sleeve t shirt since the outfit "he" came in was a bit girly :)

smiles33
11-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Back when etsy allowed the alchemy option (where you describe what you want and your budget so sellers can "bid"), I got the most adorable handmade outfit for DD1's Corolle Calin Yang. Don't have a photo anymore of the doll in the outfit, but here's a link to the actual item (I chose the fabric):

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/17446806

It came with an adorable fabric headband to wrap around Calin Yang's short hair. I absolutely loved the quality and craftsmanship. Of course, DD2 stripped the doll and prefers her "naked" so the cute outfit is sitting on a bookshelf.

kaitlyns.mom
11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
There is an etsy shop named fillybean that makes adorable clothes that fit the 12" Corolle dolls. They are upcycled from real baby clothes.

mikeys_mom
11-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I think Etsy would be a good way to go. Though probably not much cheaper than the actual Calin outfits. I made our doll some jeans and a long sleeve t shirt since the outfit "he" came in was a bit girly :)

In searching some older threads this morning I found this etsy seller recommended for calin clothes. Her stuff looks cute so I might order a couple of things to see how the quality is. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the real corolle stuff, plus I need to give all the grandparents a list of things to buy. I'm just looking for a bit more variety than they offer.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fillybean?section_id=7292861

Did you sew the outfits by hand or with a sewing machine? I've considered making some myself but I don't have a sewing machine and I'm afraid that my handstitching won't hold up to the roughness of a 3yo.

mikeys_mom
11-05-2012, 02:40 PM
There is an etsy shop named fillybean that makes adorable clothes that fit the 12" Corolle dolls. They are upcycled from real baby clothes.

Thanks! I actually found an old post of yours where you linked to the same etsy shop. Her stuff looks really cute, plus she's located in canada so that's a bonus for me :).

kaitlyns.mom
11-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks! I actually found an old post of yours where you linked to the same etsy shop. Her stuff looks really cute, plus she's located in canada so that's a bonus for me :).

I always recommend her because her stuff is so cute! The sleeper we have from her shop has held up very well.

azazela
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Live and Learn Toys (http://www.liveandlearn.com/shop/)is an awesome family-run small business that stocks lots of nice brands. I can often find things there that I can't find anywhere else. They stock the full Corolle line, dolls and outfits. They even have boy outfits which are ridiculously hard to find. Here is their 12 inch Corolle outfit page. (http://www.liveandlearn.com/shop/corolleoutfits12b) Lots of non-pastel stuff! :love-retry:

elephantmeg
11-07-2012, 09:07 PM
target also had some generic clothes that work well on her