PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 lb bacon and 1 box of sparkle crayons

doberbrat
11-05-2012, 01:37 AM
box included.

Things my dog have eaten today. Sigh....

I swear I feed him real honest-to-goodness food!

kep
11-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Lol! My dog LOVES color crayons. We have to guard them like food around here.

dogmom
11-05-2012, 06:10 AM
I'll raise you one empty pizza box (whole thing), 3 oreo cookies, one game piece, a sea shell collected at our last beach vacation, misc.sticks, and-wait for it- half a deer leg that my hound found in a woods. No, I don't know where the rest of the deer is or how it got there. The only + side is I'm working tonight and no doubt my DH will have to clean up the mess for a change.

MamaInMarch
11-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm in!! We had a dog that ate anything wooden. Which included 2 grand piano legs, most of the piano bench, a huge tree stump, a huge rose bush, firewood near our Buck stove, pencils from my backpack and a good portion of my mother's kitchen cabinets.

What possesses these dogs?!?! I'm sorry - I hope you aren't around when it comes back up..

Kymberley
11-05-2012, 09:03 AM
That'll be some interesting yard decor. :ROTFLMAO:

cvanbrunt
11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
But they have such great guilty looks...

wendibird22
11-05-2012, 11:09 AM
OMG this thread is cracking me up! I'm so so sorry for you all. If it makes you feel any better my dog rolled in deer poop in our yard this morning and I had to bathe him at 6:15am. He rubs his head/neck/ears in it so it's rubbed in nice a good under his chin, in his dog collar, and under his floppy ears.

gobadgers
11-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Hilarious! OK, after the fact it's funny sometimes, anyway.

For a while, we were getting lazy and not putting diapers in the closed garbage cans. It only took two before we learned our lesson. Gross!

She's also recently eaten a loaf of bread, play-doh and yes, crayons. And a couple years ago she ate one of those candy canes filed with Hershey kisses, wrappers and all. Luckily there isn't enough chocolate in those to do any harm.

StantonHyde
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Wow, just wow.

MamaMolly
11-05-2012, 01:09 PM
What is it about the crayons?! My pooch loves them too.

ETA: Oh wait? All the weird things he ever ate? He's the grossest! You were warned...

As a puppy he had a love/hate with my flip flops. He'd eat just one.
Barbies (legs first, then arms, then face. We had a housekeeper who begged me to throw the last one away because it creeped her out, so I put it in the dryer and then asked her to bring me the sheets to fold. I'm a fun employer that way!)
There was a blue marker incident that took a few weeks and baths to clear up
Polly Pocket clothes. I may or may not be guilty of actually feeding those to him. I hate Polly Pocket with the heat of 1,000 suns.
Stuffed animals

Very recently Lula was car sick and vomited in our yard when we got home. He stood between her feet and ate it as it hit.

TwinFoxes
11-05-2012, 02:07 PM
But they have such great guilty looks...

Boxers have the best "I'm sorry" faces!

Melbel
11-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Funny thread. I guess it's nice to know we are not the only ones with a part goat dog.

Our pup eats unattended crayons too, along with any wrappers/papers left about, squinkies, hair bows, toilet paper rolls (she loves getting the TP), beach balls and my favorite cat poop from the litter box (usually gated off, but occasionally it gets left open).

ETA: She is a labradoodle (a very good pup overall, no regrets)
Another guilty look photo (caught in the act of popping one of DD's beach balls):

Penny's Pappa
11-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Penny was sick over the weekend and threw up at breakfast. While we were cleaning her up, our dog came by and ate a plateful of vomit.

PSA: Don't kiss your dog.

ETA:

I think everyone needs to edit their posts to include the dog breed so that I can bookmark this for future reference on what type of dog not to get unless I turn into a hoarder and need some decluttering.

Pomeranian

catsnkid
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
My mom had a dog that ate diaper contents. Her dog right now eats crayons. We didn't know that they did that because she got her first dog right as my brother was outgrowing that stage. He doesn't like playdoh though.

sophiesmom03
11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Sparkle crayons make the poop easy to find in the yard. Ask how I know. Lol.

ETA Newfoundlands. They have also eaten:

Firewood
Trident gum (toxic)
Clumping cat litter (more emergency vet)
Kate Spade glasses
All my wooden spoons and nice spatulas
A pound of nice smoked salmon swiped off a buffet table while guests were helping themselves
And probably a bunch of things I just dont know about...

Kestrel
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM
And Legos. Don't forget the legos.

Another one for crayons, too.

Plus cabinet corners, the baby gates, and digs the polyfill stuffing and squeekers out of any toys the grandparents get him.

dogmom
11-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought the rules were what they ate today. Here, let me update my list with the greatest hits of all our dogs through the years:

broken Christmas ornament
bag of charcoal
bag of bird seed
sack of potatoes
$3000 of my father's digital hearing aides
lost count how many pairs of new shoes
soap
copious amounts of McDonalds happy meal toys
used Kleenix
my underwear
my student's homework (really, while getting a snack bar I left in my tote ate some papers also)
a necklace on Christmas day my DH had just gotten me for a present
weather stripping
my backseat of my old car
about a dozen pacifiers

trcy
11-05-2012, 08:51 PM
I thought you were going to say that was what your DH came home with when he went grocery shopping. :rotflmao:

wendibird22
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I think everyone needs to edit their posts to include the dog breed so that I can bookmark this for future reference on what type of dog not to get unless I turn into a hoarder and need some decluttering.

marie
11-05-2012, 09:16 PM

:yeahthat:

DH is pushing to get a dog (i've never had one) and this thread is not helping his case AT ALL.

hellokitty
11-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Lol, well at least the bacon was good, right?

We've had a puppy for a little over 5 wks and here's a list off the top of my head of what I've caught him eating...

Lego
Bakugan
books (he ate off the corner off of an usborne book today while I went upstairs to take DS3 potty and put him down for a nap, I was not happy)
tissues
leaves
mulch
bark
socks and other clothing
paper (he has eating DS1's homework once already)
shoes
twisty ties
hair bands
ear off of a squeaky toy
hand off of another squeaky toy
carpet
writing utensils

Oh and if you're wondering what he is, he's a dorkie. Half dachshund, half yorkie. Cute as a button, but omg, he's a goat dog. It's hard to stay mad at him though, he's so lovable.

Jupiter
11-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Wow I am lucky! My dog doesn't eat anything. He does take my underwear and lick it, incessantly, and he is the destroyer of tissues, used or not, leaves, pencils and pens and all his toys. I'm really scared when the baby is born because he thinks anything on the floor is his!

My friend brought her 4 month old and hr would not stop licking her, we had to put him in another room!

He is half shih tzu and half havanese.

My husband's dog that died about a year ago ate the cement off a sign post that had been dug up. also the corner of the house, literally, they put hot sauce on the side of the house to deter her and she licked it up and continued eating.

She was a black lab

Penny's Pappa
11-05-2012, 10:07 PM
My dog also likes to find earthworms and roll around on them. He does these funny somersaults so he can rub the back of his neck on them. Then he comes inside smelling like death.

kdeunc
11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Apparantly half German Shepherd half goat...

pillows, 5 dog beds (I am a slow learner:) ), sticks, rocks, concrete, all of the lava logs out of our outdoor fire pit, fridge magnets (almost the whole leapfrog alphabet), a chunk out of our leather sofa, and finally partially chewed off two window sills!

Unbelievably no obstruction surgery yet! :)

hellokitty
11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
My dog also likes to find earthworms and roll around on them. He does these funny somersaults so he can rub the back of his neck on them. Then he comes inside smelling like death.

LMAO. "Then he comes inside smelling like death." I think that's the best line on this thread so far.

LizLemon
11-06-2012, 01:20 AM
My dogs have stolen big pieces/wheels of expensive cheese at my parents' house. It is embarrassing because (1) it has happened multiple times; (2) my dogs are indoors, their dog lives outdoors; (3) it gets mentioned all the time. I don't think my family or our dogs will ever live that down.

Of our two dogs, the goldendoodle is the more annoying in terms of eating stuff around the house. He is no stranger to eating dirty diapers. He has eaten a good number of my socks and thrown them up later (this I consider mostly my fault for sometimes leaving them where he can get them, but it would be nice to have a dog who wasn't tempted by socks).

The labradoodle has never eaten a non-food item, but will occasionally steal food. I will never forget the time he took an unopened bag of chips off the counter and somehow opened them much like a person would, instead of tearing into the bag, as is his typical when he nabs something. Then he carefully tucked the bag behind a bookshelf. We probably wouldn't have noticed it was missing, until he casually went to the bag and munched on a couple chips!

dogmom
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM

Haha, my Coon Hound does a lot of damage, but that is sort of nervous "Hey, that smells good, wonder what it taste likes?" energy. He tends not to actually ingest the whole thing, except for used tissues.

Labs, hands down, are the most food focused dogs. I had a rescue one that I got at the age of 5 that clearly had separation anxiety which he dealt with eating food. He once ripped the kitchen cabinet door apart because he thought my DH left him without feeding him. (He was coming back.) He broke into every dog proof container we ever had. I swear that dog could figure out a safe it if had a pound of bacon it it.

glbb35
11-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Wow, just wow!! After the super crappy day I have had, this post has put a huge smile on my face. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

Wow, it is also great to know my sweet Cavalier King Charles puppy isn't the only dog with weird habits. I finally get the dog of my dreams (after a long summer of dealing with DH's stupid project where when the dumba$$ driver of a dump truck who wouldn't listen to me (b/c he was a man and knew better)drove his large dump truck over my back fence gate and ripped up 3 sections of my extremely expensive fence- so in turn I finally got something for myself and my summer pain, my CKC Spaniel.

She of course eats underwear as I am taking it off! Yuck, So far...
poop out of 3 diapers that I didn't take directly out
multiple pairs of my underwear that now have holes
the left shoe of two different pairs of shoes of mine and the kids, can she tell right from left?
$ 5 bill
multiple crayons, pencils, markers and play dough
anything plastic- last night it was a nice plastic cup, night before a kids plate
the stuffing out of her dog bed
my checkbook cover
my personal favorite: during a family and friends gathering she took the dead mouse that the cat brought up to the porch, that DH threw in the woods prior to company arriving and while everyone was looking at pictures of DS#5 all together, she came inside with the mouse and proceeded to run all around the room running from us all trying to take it from her!!!!
pill bottle that was empty
she has taken every small low trashcan and emptied the contents
Q-tips. If she finds them, they are hers to chew on like gum.
my computer cord
and finally today she took my freshly made, warm lunch and pulled it off the table and ate it in 2.2 seconds while I got a napkin!!
Actually as I am writing this she is eating a pencil! AHHH

This is a great post!! Gotta love dogs!! :)

B

DS, 03, 06, twins 09, 7/11