PDA

View Full Version : Potty training resources?

trcy
11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
We aren’t ready to start potty training yet, but I feel like I should start educating myself about the process. What web-sites, products, books, ect did you find to be most helpful? And what should I avoid? I research things to death it seems, but have no clue where to begin when it come to potty training. TIA!!!

PunkyBoo
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM
The most valuable resource for me with Boo was 3daypottytraining.com.

BabbyO
11-05-2012, 04:01 PM
We were going to do 3 day potty training....had barely started to research it when DS decided he was done with diapers. So we didn't do it...mostly because neither DH nor I had the ability to take a day off at the time. Anyway, many people find it works well for them, both on the boards and IME IRL friends, too.

For us the key was that DS had to buy into it...HE had to want it. Then it just happened. Though, I will say that for DS reading about things always helps him process it...so we read the Potty Book for quite awhile. And when pooping on the potty gave us some trouble...the book Everyone Poops was awesome!

GL!

echoesofspring
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
We aren't ready either, but I bought a potty chair with some amazon credit and when I opened the box DS screamed 'potty chair' so he knew the name of it from daycare, even if he doesn't know what it *exactly* for. I figured I'd just set it up, let him know it was his and have it in the bath room for him to get comfortable with. Last night was the first time he's actually been willing to sit on it w/out a diaper.

the Potty Book
And, I have to say he *loves* this book. Again, I'm not sure he knows what it's talking about, but he thinks it's hilarious and can pretty much recite it.

I've sort of resigned myself to not potty training for a while since he doesn't seem all that interested and our ped said to expect a regression when little sis comes. But I figure we'll get the steps in place and maybe he'll start to get comfortable with the idea.

Tinochka
11-09-2012, 01:33 AM
I didn’t try 3 days one with my kids, because I can’t imagine carpets, furniture and naked kid... I liked Baby Bjorn potty (both versions, smaller one I used in public restrooms later). I also liked this book:
http://www.amazon.com/The-No-Cry-Potty-Training-Solution/dp/0071476903/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1352438786&sr=8-8&keywords=pantley
because she is giving different ideas and suggestions, it’s up to you, what to choose.
We also had potty book. I also loved HA PT undies, because they were holding pee very well, didn’t like Gerber ones, I guess, my kids were not that chubby. My kids PT at 27 and 23 months during summer time.