PDA

View Full Version : More Corolle questions - Calin vs. Classic 14"

mikeys_mom
11-05-2012, 01:44 PM
How long did your child play with the smaller 12" calin dolls?

DD's are 3.5yo and love their calins that they got last year. Before I buy them a bunch of new clothes and possibly accessories, I'm wondering at what age will they be happier with a bigger 14" doll like the Corolle Classic collection ones?

For the moment they only want baby dolls and aren't interested in the ones that look like older girls. Also, they haven't asked for any with hair so I'm trying to stay away from anything with hair as I don't think they are mature enough yet to properly care for doll hair.

acmom
11-05-2012, 02:10 PM
My DD is still playing with her 2 Calins a lot at age 4.5. She plays with those two and her Bitty Baby daily and I would say they all get equal time.

kaitlyns.mom
11-05-2012, 02:31 PM
DD turns 5 in December and still plays with her 12" Calin often.

GvilleGirl
11-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Oo, thanks for letting me know about the Classic ones. I was thinking of a new baby doll since we picked up a cheap TRU one for her 1st birthday. Since the Calins always get such good reviews I was looking at that vs. a Bitty until I realized how small they were. I thought she would like a bigger doll.

mikeys_mom
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll stick with Calin for now and work on accessorizing her. We certainly don't need more dolls around here. DD's just left for the library with our babysitter. They are walking and each pushing Calin in a stroller. She gets lots of love around here.