PDA

View Full Version : FF install question

TwoBees
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I turned DD's RA55 FFing this weekend in MIL's car. Something about the curve of the backseat made me uncomfortable with how DD was sitting RF, she seemed more cramped than usual. That plus the fact that she does not ride in MIL's car very often and MIL seems to have difficulty getting DD into the seat and the harness sufficiently tight RFing in that car, I decided to turn her.

Well, I'm not thrilled with the FFing install either. The seat is installed outboard on the passenger side. The carseat base makes contact with the car's seat completely on the side closest to the door, but on the other side, there is a gap near the bight where the base does not fully contact the seat cushion. The base makes full contact closer to the front of the seat, just not the entire length. The seat moves less than 1 inch at the belt path (installed with LATCH though). The care is a 2012 BMW sedan...maybe a 328i? Not entirely sure. Is this okay?

Joolsplus2
11-06-2012, 08:13 PM
It sounds like the LATCH anchor is close to the hump in the middle...? Probably fine if it's installed with no movement, but you can play with the LATCH strap lengths somewhat so that you can center the base in the middle of the seat and have a long LATCH strap on one side and a shorter one on the other (uh...hard to explain in words...suffice it to say, your install is probably fine, but if you have time to get down and dirty with it and fiddle with the strap lengths, give it a shot. Or center it on the seat and do a seatbelt install, it should be just about as easy)