PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ gift ideas for DD--loves her Calin doll

misshollygolightly
11-06-2012, 01:45 PM
DD (will be 18 months) loves her Calin doll and takes it with her everywhere. I plan to get her another outfit or two for Calin, but am also thinking of getting a doll highchair and/or set of feeding accessories (DD likes to play pretend cooking/eating, so I'm guessing feeding Baby would be fun for her). Anyone want to recommend a favorite doll highchair (preferably wooden) and/or feeding accessories? I'm thinking I can probably spend no more than $50 all together (clothes, highchair and/or accessories), and this will be her main gift from DH and I. Thoughts? Recommendations? Do/did your little DDs really enjoy playing with doll highchair/feeding stuff, or is there something else you'd recommend for a doll-loving 18 mo?

acmom
11-06-2012, 03:10 PM
My DD loved her calin at that age too (and still does now at 4!). Her favorite accessories were a stroller (we had the FP "mommy and me" one), the PBK soft quilted bed with handles to carry around the baby, and a little diaper bag that she would put baby bottles and little blankets in.

We have 2 different highchairs too (one small plastic corolle one and an older bigger wooden one from constructive playthings). The highchairs got played with, but not as much as the stroller, bed, and diaper bag. I wouldn't recommend either of the 2 we have for that age....the Corolle one bc it was really hard for little ones to get the baby in and out of independently and the wooden one has a heavy wooden tray that flips up and down and can easily pinch little fingers. If you really want a highchair, you might want to check out the badger basket one...no experience with it but looks like it might be a good size for that age group. HTH! I'm sure she will have fun with any doll stuff you go with!

ETA: as far as the doll clothes for that age, there are definitely some outfits that are easier to put on than others! We had the most success with short sleeve dresses or outfits that were a little too big at first. Some of the long sleeve/long pant stuff was really frustrating at first bc it was hard to thread the arms/legs thru all the right holes

misshollygolightly
11-06-2012, 04:14 PM
My DD loved her calin at that age too (and still does now at 4!). Her favorite accessories were a stroller (we had the FP "mommy and me" one), the PBK soft quilted bed with handles to carry around the baby, and a little diaper bag that she would put baby bottles and little blankets in.

We have 2 different highchairs too (one small plastic corolle one and an older bigger wooden one from constructive playthings). The highchairs got played with, but not as much as the stroller, bed, and diaper bag. I wouldn't recommend either of the 2 we have for that age....the Corolle one bc it was really hard for little ones to get the baby in and out of independently and the wooden one has a heavy wooden tray that flips up and down and can easily pinch little fingers. If you really want a highchair, you might want to check out the badger basket one...no experience with it but looks like it might be a good size for that age group. HTH! I'm sure she will have fun with any doll stuff you go with!

ETA: as far as the doll clothes for that age, there are definitely some outfits that are easier to put on than others! We had the most success with short sleeve dresses or outfits that were a little too big at first. Some of the long sleeve/long pant stuff was really frustrating at first bc it was hard to thread the arms/legs thru all the right holes

Thanks so much! I hadn't really thought about a stroller, but I'm sure you're right--I'll definitely look into that! And yes, I've been eyeing the badger basket highchair--it looks cute in the pics, and like a manageable size.

kaitlyns.mom
11-06-2012, 04:26 PM
My kids love the Corolle doctor kit. It is one of their favorite accessories for the doll aside from the feeding one.

http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Mon-Premier-Doctor-Set/dp/B004LV9CBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352233528&sr=8-1&keywords=corolle+doctor