PDA

View Full Version : Outside playhouse

ExcitedMamma
11-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking of getting DS an outside playhouse for Christmas in hopes it will get a lot of use by him and my new DD when she's older. Are these a hit with your kids? If so should I get a simple plastic one or go wood? DH thinks plastic will hold up better.

SnuggleBuggles
11-06-2012, 03:38 PM
We have a wooden one from Costco. It has held up well and I like how it looks from an aesthetic POV. I am not anti plastic toys- I'll always recommend my plastic Step2 kitchen, for example. In my yard, I like the wooden one. They enjoy it!

acmom
11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
We have a wooden one from Costco. It has held up well and I like how it looks from an aesthetic POV. I am not anti plastic toys- I'll always recommend my plastic Step2 kitchen, for example. In my yard, I like the wooden one. They enjoy it!

How long have they been using it? My DS and DD (2 and 4) love playhouses everywhere we go, but I am afraid they will outgrow them too soon to be worth it, especially bc some of the houses seem to be so short.

elephantmeg
11-08-2012, 12:17 AM
we got one and it barely got any use. It grew spiders like crazy and the kids were always somewhat afraid of it. I sold it this summer :(

Mrs.Christie
11-09-2012, 10:59 PM
I have an almost three year old and an 16 month old and we get a fair amount of play out of this little tikes house:

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/05/07/43/61/0005074361589_500X500.jpg

It is the little tikes home and garden playhouse. I like it because it is cute, has a few pieces that the kids can "build" with and was pretty cheap. I think it is abut $130. It's not real big, but big enough for now.

I would hesitate to spend much more than $150 because I'm not sure they would play enough with it to justify the price. We also have a little tikes climber, I think the endless adventures one, and it gets played with far less (pretty much never).

WatchingThemGrow
11-10-2012, 12:18 AM
We have the Little Tikes Town Center with the bball/soccer/game side, the kitchen/cafe/workshop/gas station and school sides. Yes, it gets lots of play. It also came with some tools, a ball and 2 chairs, and a phone, so they like to all hang out inside

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Just saw this. Bought it when ds2 was 2 and ds1 was 7. It still gets play.

katydid1971
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
We have a Costco Kidkraft playhouse from 4 1/2 years ago. DS plays with it some but DD LOVES it!!! It has held up really well.

Seitvonzu
11-10-2012, 12:29 PM
we have one similar to watchingthemgrow's.... dd always liked it at her grandparents so they were going to buy her one. they also were getting rid of theirs, so i just said "why don't you give dd the one you are getting rid of instead" (they felt bad not buying her one "new"... i couldn't imagine-- what a waste!)

she does like it and plays with it from time to time. it's on our deck.