PDA

View Full Version : Seven pair of pants and underwear. Seven!

gobadgers
11-07-2012, 05:12 PM
This is what we have gone through in the past 24 hours of potty training. We have had more false starts than I count, and I really thought this would be it when DS said he wanted to wear his big boy underwear yesterday. Ug He is having accidents within 5minutes of getting off the pot. So much laundry! Ugh!

JBaxter
11-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Which is why we did naked potty training. Mine had many less accidents naked. No clue why but all 4 did. Put undies on them they'd pee

gobadgers
11-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Did you have trouble with, ahem, touching? We tried that this summer, and it did work for a little while - until it didn't. And he just couldn't keep his hands off. Maybe I will crank up the heat in the house and try that again though. I'm desperate!

Cam&Clay
11-07-2012, 05:43 PM
With that many accidents, I'd put it off for a while. Sounds like he's not ready yet!

gobadgers
11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Please respect the BP, ladies. Not looking for advice, just sympathy ;)

ArizonaGirl
11-07-2012, 06:14 PM
My DS was the same, I just about lost my Schmidt with the whole thing.

:hug:

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I tired that 3 day potty training with DS2 and I lost count after 30+ wet undies the first day. :dizzy:

Good luck! Will probably only get better from here.

chottumommy
11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Did you have trouble with, ahem, touching? We tried that this summer, and it did work for a little while - until it didn't. And he just couldn't keep his hands off. Maybe I will crank up the heat in the house and try that again though. I'm desperate!

I did naked potty training with DS and he caught on in about 2 days and he was 26 months. He did touch, but is that a concern? I ignored it and concentrated on potty training. DS was however able to hold his pee for atleast 4-6 hours before I started potty training. We never had accidents as long as he went every 3 hours. He didn't poop training till atleast a year after pee training.

Totally understand your frustration though.

gobadgers
11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I did naked potty training with DS and he caught on in about 2 days and he was 26 months. He did touch, but is that a concern? I ignored it and concentrated on potty training. DS was however able to hold his pee for atleast 4-6 hours before I started potty training. We never had accidents as long as he went every 3 hours. He didn't poop training till atleast a year after pee training.

Totally understand your frustration though.

The touching probably shouldn't be a concern but, well, it is when we're all playing UNO together, lol.

DD was ready at around 22 months, and we put it off until 2 years. I long for those days! I was sure at the time it was my good parenting... guess not after all!

JBaxter
11-07-2012, 07:05 PM

I have 4 boys they all touch a lot. No biggie here.

kijip
11-08-2012, 06:40 AM
I hear ya. We've tried the naked thing (which works great...when he is naked but rarely translates for F into not cr@pping his pants when there is underwear over his bum), the three day thing, the 10 day thing...at this point I just pray he is fully trained by the time he is in 7th grade.

So I really understand. My older son was 2 and it was the definition of easy PT. This time around, we are pushing up against age 4. (Hanging head in shame.) No advice, just sympathy!

MamaMolly
11-08-2012, 10:55 AM
It's not just boys. Some kids are just HARD to train. Says the mama who lost count of the nasty undies I've had to clean. :(

ha98ed14
11-08-2012, 12:50 PM
If it makes you feel better, I stopped washing them and just started throwing them away. We went through 3 packages of Walmart undies. It was the same price as a pack of diapers, so worth it to me at the time!

Smillow
11-08-2012, 01:03 PM
We started PT in the beginning of July. He figured out #1 pretty quickly. We just went our first week with no #2 accidents. Three weeks ago I never would have predicted that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!

BabbyO
11-08-2012, 01:09 PM
So frustrating...hang in there! I'd consider the naked thing...just so I didn't have 7 pairs of pants and undies to wash.

rin
11-08-2012, 01:16 PM
So, so gross. I made DD take off her wet pants & underwear & put them into the washing machine, then clean up the pee puddle with a towel. It didn't stop the messes completely, but now if/when she has an accident (it's been a while) she handles it herself, mostly.

She hasn't had a poop accident since I taped a bag of M&Ms to the bathroom wall and announced she could have M&Ms for every poop in the potty. She adores M&Ms, and only gets them for poop success, which so far has worked.

ha98ed14
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
She hasn't had a poop accident since I taped a bag of M&Ms to the bathroom wall...

:jammin:

janeybwild
11-08-2012, 03:39 PM

Ouch. No comments allowed?

JBaxter
11-08-2012, 06:31 PM

Ok just caught that.... Wow. Ok.