PDA

View Full Version : Car seat advice for an 03 Land Cruiser

jgenie
11-07-2012, 10:04 PM
I have a Britax BLVD 70 installed RF outboard passenger side and a previous generation BLVD 65 installed outboard driver side. Does anyone have a recommendation for a car seat that will fit in the middle for a 33 pound child? We tried installing a car seat in the third row but there doesn't seem to be enough room for a child's legs in a car seat. Any thoughts on a car seat that will fit in the 3rd row? The BLVDs are our regular seats. I'm trying to find an extra seat we can use when we have an occasional rider.
TIA

Joolsplus2
11-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Maybe an Evenflo Maestro...? What seat did you try in the third row? Some allow for a lot more legroom than others. A Safety 1st Go might also fit in the middle, or in the back (it requires a top tether, you have those, yes?). Or a Ride Safer Travel Vest, but that's a tad complicated for occasional rides (it might be 'fun!' enough that it's a cool option, though, my kids loved theirs!)

jgenie
11-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Maybe an Evenflo Maestro...? What seat did you try in the third row? Some allow for a lot more legroom than others. A Safety 1st Go might also fit in the middle, or in the back (it requires a top tether, you have those, yes?). Or a Ride Safer Travel Vest, but that's a tad complicated for occasional rides (it might be 'fun!' enough that it's a cool option, though, my kids loved theirs!)

I have a Tribute 5 that I tried installing. I'll look for the Evenflo Maestro next time I'm in Target. Any other seats I should look for that can be purchased and returned to B&M stores? TIA

Joolsplus2
11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Maestro or Secure Kid are really *it*(or Chase Deluxe, a Walmart version with a 40lb weight limit instead of 50/65 like the others), unless the rider is teeny tiny enough to fit in a Cosco High Back Booster (it's a very short harnessed booster). Reason being, they are upright with shallow seat pans to allow for the most leg room.