PDA

View Full Version : Turkey time

Beckylove
11-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I am expecting soon, so DHs family is coming here for Thanksgiving. I used Alton Brown's method last year to make a tiny turkey for just our little family. I will use the same method this year.

My question is about the equipment I need. I think I need a digital probe thermometer, does someone have a reasonable priced one they can recommend? Do I need turkey grabbers to move the bird? What turkey related stuff will I need?

I have the heavy duty rimmed sheet and rack recommended.

What am I forgetting? Having guests is making me nervous.

specialp
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
something big enough to brine it in and big enough cold space for the brine pot overnight. no to the grabbers or art least i never use them.
nak

echoesofspring
11-09-2012, 01:16 PM
re: meat thermometer: this gets mixed reviews on BB&B but I think it's the same as the one we have (ours says pyrex not oneida, but looks identical) and we use ours all the time and have for years. What I like about it is the thermometer stays outside the oven, so you can read it w/out having to keep opening the door. I'm sure there are fancier ones, wireless, etc. but for $20 it's been great.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=11720307

I'm impressed you're doing Tday dinner, I really would like to host, but being on my feet even long enough to fix a regular dinner these days wipes me out!