PDA

View Full Version : Need window treatment advice

kristenk
11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I really need to figure out what to do about a window treatment for one window in my kitchen. It's the window that's above the sink.

There are 3 windows total in the kitchen. They're all on the same wall. Two are side-by-side in a little window seat area. Those two have top-down/bottom-up cordless shades.

I can't figure out what to do above the kitchen sink, though. I found some fabric that I like and was all set to have a roman shade made with it. After I ordered, though, I found out that the company could no longer do hidden hardware on the back so the hardware for the roman shade would be visible on the outside of the window. I cancelled the order. I'm sure it's weird, but I have a thing about exposed window treatment hardware (along with unlined drapery) and I just CAN'T have that in the kitchen window. It will bother me and I will be reminded of it several times a day as I drive or walk by the outside of the window.

I need to figure out what to do. To complicate matters, water drops from washing pots, etc. in the sink end up on the bottom half of the window. Because of that, I know that I need to have something washable or something that doesn't typically extend down that far.

We haven't had a window treatment in that window for at least a year now. I like having a view of outside while at the sink, but it would make the kitchen look more finished if we had a window treatment.

Here's the fabric we like: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Cna4enOjL._SL160_.jpg

The colors work well in the kitchen and DH and I are both sort of surprised how much we like that fabric IN the kitchen. We prefer tailored/non-frilly looks.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm horrible at decorating. :(

crl
11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
If you don't need privacy and just want the window to look more finished, how about just a valance? It wouldn't get splashed and wouldn't block your view.

Catherine