PDA

View Full Version : Can we play diagnose me?

Fairy
11-09-2012, 03:08 AM
I think this pain I have is an umbillical hernia. Now I"m not sure. Relevant thread --> http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3643500#post3643500.

What could this be?
* Belly button hurts. Alot
* Pain radiating outward
* The 600mg of Advil has helped, but the pain is significant.
* I sneeze or cough, and the pain is thru the roof
* No disgestive problems or anything unusual gastrointestinally
* My entire core is affected. It hurts to lay on either side but eventually subsides enough ... till I move again.
* No other symptoms that I can think of.

I'm getting on a plane tomorrow and don't have a consult with the surgeon on the umbillical hernia (this is a fact, i do have one, I'm just not sure if it's causing this pain or not) till Wednesday.

elephantmeg
11-09-2012, 08:52 AM
it could also be appendicitis. I'd say with that much pain something is going on. Either it needs to be reduced or you need to be worked up for something else. Any fever? And I know that this isn't what you want to hear right now!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/appendicitis/DS00274/DSECTION=symptoms
mesenteric lymphadenitis
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mesenteric-lymphadenitis/DS00881/DSECTION=symptoms

brittone2
11-09-2012, 09:01 AM
I responded to your other thread. PP is right and you really should get checked before going OOT!

sste
11-09-2012, 09:24 AM
I agree that sounds unusual and should be checked out. That is not normal u. hernia - - I have one too and it is virtually painless. There is appendicitis. And also with u. hernias there is a small risk of strangulation of your intestines if they get caught in there. That is not a good thing.

Get to the doctor/hospital asap. This sounds like severe pain.

mommylamb
11-09-2012, 09:36 AM
:
I agree that sounds unusual and should be checked out. That is not normal u. hernia - - I have one too and it is virtually painless. There is appendicitis. And also with u. hernias there is a small risk of strangulation of your intestines if they get caught in there. That is not a good thing.

Get to the doctor/hospital asap. This sounds like severe pain.

:yeahthat: worried about you.

Fairy
11-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Thank you all very much, here and in the other thread. I did decide to go cuz I really don't think it's appendicitis. Could def be strangulation, but ... there are no gastrointestinal issues. Still, could be. Will be reading more on this and may move up the appt and see my doc on Monday. In the meantime I'm walkin around with my jeans undone. Ugh.

boogiemom
11-09-2012, 02:48 PM
This sounds horrible! I'm so sorry and I hope you are able to find relief and soon!

DrSally
11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
I hope you're ok!

swrc00
11-09-2012, 06:59 PM
I had this when I was pregnant with DS1! OMG did it hurt! I felt like my abdomen was being split apart. If the pain gets more severe I would go to the ER.

elektra
11-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I asked DH this morning, and he said he really only had minor discomfort, not pain.
So agreeing with the others to get it checked out again!

Nooknookmom
11-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Ouch! Thinking of u-did u get it looked at?

niccig
11-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Hope you're OK and feeling better. If not, get it checked out.

Fairy
11-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Called the doc, and the 'med tech asst.' (Pfft) agreed it wasn't appendicitis or i'd be in bad shape. Got an appt. With doc for Monday. It's better today. Still hurts, but there's an improvement.

sntm
11-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Could be an umbilical hernia with some of the intraabdominal fat stuck in it. Could be the cause of the severe pain without GI issues.

Appendicitis can start with central pain that moves to the right lower quadrant but usually you feel worse (or better, than worse) after 24 hrs

larig
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
hope you're feeling better soon, fairy!

Fairy
11-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Could be an umbilical hernia with some of the intraabdominal fat stuck in it. Could be the cause of the severe pain without GI issues.

Appendicitis can start with central pain that moves to the right lower quadrant but usually you feel worse (or better, than worse) after 24 hrs

I think this is it. I really do.

I definitely feel better, but the pain has not gone away. Subsided, but not gone. Laying on my side was bad, but it eventually leveled out. Living for my appointment today.

Thanks all for your input and advice, I so appreicate it!!

DietCokeLover
11-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Update us when you can. Hope you get a quick answer!