PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Deluxe Hotel???

ray7694
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM
We are looking at staying at a deluxe hotel. It will be 2 adultes and dc are 9 and 4. What is the best resort for price, location, pool, and food?

spunkybaby
11-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Polynesian is great because you can monorail/boat to MK and can walk to the TTC for easy transportation to all the other parks.

That said, if we ever go back, we will try to stay at the Beach Club. That hotel just feels more like the right place for my family.

hillview
11-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Look into renting points for Bay Lake Tower (1br). We also like the Poly -- the rooms get small after a while but you are not in them that much.

acmom
11-11-2012, 08:46 PM
We have stayed at both Poly and Wilderness Lodge recently and really liked both. We liked the pools and rooms at both. Poly had the advantage of being on the monorail and seeing the fireworks from the beach at the resort. Wilderness had beautiful surroundings and was less expensive. The boat to MK from Wilderness worked out well for us - rarely waited and the kids liked the ride (even saw the fireworks from the water on the way home a few nights). The buses took a little longer to the other parks from there. We liked the quick service restaurant at Wilderness better. We would stay at either again happily! HTH!

Cam&Clay
11-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Wilderness Lodge! It is our favorite, hands down. The boat to MK is such a lovely, stress-free ride and it always seemed to be waiting for us on either end. The buses were fine. The food was great, even their counter service was fantastic. The babysitting service was top-notch. DS2 would've liked to be there every night. The atmosphere is gorgeous. Castmembers were awesome. I just feel happy there!

We are heading there at the end of the month...just DH and I. We are staying in the honeymoon suite. I can't wait!

Momit
11-11-2012, 09:03 PM
We also really like Wilderness Lodge. The atmosphere suits us, the casual dining restaurant is good, the pool is awesome and DS likes the boat ride. We also like to roasting marshmallows and the cute little (vey little) "light show" on the lake. It was nice to have a little something in the evening since DS is still to young to stay up for all the nighttime stuff at the parks. They did movies on the beach too.

cookiemonster80
11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
The Grand Floridian really is neat- we've stayed there quite a few times. The rooms are about the size of a standard hotel room though- so not that large for the $$- but they really are pretty cool. the monorail is handy of course.
this christmas we are staying at the Contempory's Bay Lake Towers mainly because they have the villa option- we badly needed some walls between the kiddos at night. Same perks, but not as fancy.

billysmommy
11-12-2012, 03:31 PM
We love the Boardwalk!! You can walk to both Epcot (~5-10 minute walk) and DHS (~15-20 minute walk) or take the boat to DHS (about the same time as the walk but you can sit).
We usually end each day with drinks, desserts and rides in Epcot so this works perfectly for us.

If you stay at the Boardwalk Inn and ask for a room on the 4th/5th floor facing the Eiffel Tower you'll be able to see the fireworks from your room. We did this a couple times when the boys were younger. We would come back to the room, get them all ready for bed and sit on the balcony to watch.
Now that they're older, we get a Boardwalk-view room so we can watch the performers from our balcony.
The pool and slide are really fun although the clown is a little creepy to me.

The Beach Club is right across the lake from the Boardwalk and the pool there is awesome. Once when we were at the Boardwalk the slide was closed for refurbishment so we got to use the Beach Club's pool and slide. We all loved it and if we went back in the summer/fall when we would use the pool more we would stay here.

anonomom
12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Chiming in late with a vote for the Contemporary. Especially if you plan to spend a lot of time at MK, it's so nice to be able to walk there. It's also really convenient if you stay in the tower - just an elevator ride to food, monorail, etc.

Once our kids are older, I plan to stay at the Yacht Club or Beach Club, for the easy access to Epcot and the Studios.

Dream
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
We were in Bay lake towers, loved it!! We rented a 2BR suite and I would love to do it again.

cookiemonster80
12-06-2012, 07:21 PM
We were in Bay lake towers, loved it!! We rented a 2BR suite and I would love to do it again.

Can you say how long door to gate it took you to walk to the magic kingdom? We are going next week and I'm trying to think about naps.

Seitvonzu
12-06-2012, 07:53 PM
when we went in january we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. our family is me, dh & dd (just turned 4 at the time). my inlaws went and also stayed at AKL.

we all LOVED it! my ILS have been to DW many times, and liked AKL best of all the places they've stayed. we ate at boma one night, and the quick service several times, and really enjoyed both. i would have loved to try jiko-- maybe next time.

yes, AKL is a bit off the beaten path, but we went during low season, and it wasn't a problem at all to get where we wanted to go. buses were very frequent and easy (and not crowded). animals right ouside the room? beautiful pool? good food? awesome. the cast members were awesome. my daughter was so taken with the hotel, we could barely convince her that THAT wasn't disneyworld ;) (she immediately said "is this DISNEYWORLD?" ;))

so i thought i'd throw some support AKLs way if it was in the running. i'd love to also try the poly. we all loved our dinner at ohana---super fun....can't beat the atmosphere of a tiki hotel ;)

hellokitty
12-06-2012, 10:16 PM
when we went in january we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. our family is me, dh & dd (just turned 4 at the time). my inlaws went and also stayed at AKL.

we all LOVED it! my ILS have been to DW many times, and liked AKL best of all the places they've stayed. we ate at boma one night, and the quick service several times, and really enjoyed both. i would have loved to try jiko-- maybe next time.

yes, AKL is a bit off the beaten path, but we went during low season, and it wasn't a problem at all to get where we wanted to go. buses were very frequent and easy (and not crowded). animals right ouside the room? beautiful pool? good food? awesome. the cast members were awesome. my daughter was so taken with the hotel, we could barely convince her that THAT wasn't disneyworld ;) (she immediately said "is this DISNEYWORLD?" ;))

so i thought i'd throw some support AKLs way if it was in the running. i'd love to also try the poly. we all loved our dinner at ohana---super fun....can't beat the atmosphere of a tiki hotel ;)

AKL is on my short list of deluxe resorts that I want to stay at. However, I always hear ppl complain about the buses, so it was nice to hear that you were ok with them. We just got back from disney last Friday and stayed at PO Riverside, omg the buses were sooooo baaaad and despite putting in a room request we got stuck out in the most remote section of the resort. It is pretty, but we will never return to POR. DH wants to try deluxe next time. POFQ had really good bus service when we went last yr and it was during a busy time (our trip last wk was not busy, except for the first two days which were still part of thanksgiving wknd), so I was surprised by just how awful it was at POR. The food court food was ok, but the service was so slow. It seriously took us 30 min to get food and this is with both DH and I waiting in line. I guess the good thing is that this has motivated DH to want to try deluxe next time.

anonomom
12-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Can you say how long door to gate it took you to walk to the magic kingdom? We are going next week and I'm trying to think about naps.

It took us about 10 minutes pushing a double stroller. (Ok, it took DH 10 minutes; I was 28 weeks pregnant at the time and waddled behind by a minute or so).

mommytotwo
12-22-2012, 12:51 AM
The Poly is our favorite. Ot is convenient and reminds us of Hawaii

twodogs
12-30-2012, 11:58 PM
LOVE Bay Lake Towers! Villas are great and walking to MK was wonderful with small kids.