PDA

View Full Version : Question about Epi-pens

09Mom
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
How many do you have and how do you make sure there is always one accessible to DC?

citymama
11-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I have a bunch acquired over time - I hang on to the expired ones too. I recommend having 4. I keep one on the diaper bag, one in my purse, a couple at home in the medicine cabinet. DDs DCP has 2. Technically you should have 2 on hand with the Junior epis in case you need to use both.

cono0507
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
We have multiple packs (2 epi pens and a dose of Benadryl and an instruction/phone number sheet):

At school
In my purse which I always have when outside the home.
In a kitchen drawer at home
One additional pack to send along to play dates, leave for the sitter, etc or if kids are going out with just DH and not me.

MamaMolly
11-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Two in my purse and two at school. When she goes home with a friend from school they send it with her, otherwise it stays at school. When I go out and leave her with a sitter the epis from my purse stay at home on the kitchen counter with our emergency contact numbers.

Both sets are in small bags, the school one is a red LLBean travel wallet and includes her Emergency Action Plan in both English and Spanish, two epis, a Benedryl spoon, and DH's business card (just in case). It is labeled with a Name Bubbles label including my and DH's cell number, and a luggage tag with her name on it. The one from my purse is a blue sparkly makeup bag and has her epis and a Benedryl spoon.

MSWR0319
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
There are always two Jr's available for DS. We have a set at preschool, a set in my purse, and a set at home. All sets have benedryl, contact info, and our action plan. They are in an insulated 31 pouch. I also have a bag of expired ones at home I take with us if we travel. If DH takes DS somewhere he gets the pouch out of my purse.

newg
11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
DD2 is only two, so she's with me all the time. I have two packs (with two pens in each pack). One in the diaper bag full-time, and one at home on the kitchen counter. I also have Benadryl in the linen closet upstairs.

I found out on here......and actually read the package directions, that both jr. epi pens are suppose to stay together at all times, so I made sure to ask for mult. packages this time around. For the first year I had one pack and had the two pens in seperate spots.

megs4413
11-09-2012, 03:37 PM
4. A twin pack at school in DS' classroom and a twinpack in my purse so it's with me at all times. I also carry one on my person at all times for DH.

megs4413
11-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Mine are also in a 31 pouch! LOL

Gracemom
11-10-2012, 10:44 AM
I had no idea that you are supposed to keep the 2 jr. ones together. Thank you!

mom2binsd
11-10-2012, 02:29 PM
How much does everyone pay for epi pens. We are newly diagnosed, ds scored a 3 on the rast test and I went to get two boxes and it was going to be 455.00 with insurance covering. I will need at least one box at school, one at home, one for xh, one for in laws who babysit all the time...not good. Our allergist got me one free box. Any way to get them cheaper? Sorry to hijack op.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2