PDA

View Full Version : Imaginext Batcave

Charlie
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Does yours get a lot of play? This is what DS1 (4.5) wants from Santa but I'm hesitant because some reviews mention issues with the elevator. I also saw it last year at a consignment sale and it didn't seem like it had much to it (but I'm also not a superhero obsessed 4 year old boy). Also, *I* like the castle better and think it would get more play but I don't want DS to be dissappointed and it is his gift after all and not mine! We have and like imaginext, just not sure what to get!

pharmjenn
11-09-2012, 02:00 PM
DS4 (turns 5 in 1month) had the older version as a handme down and loved it. Received the new version for Christmas last year, and it got lots of play for over 6 months. I also added the Jokers Playhouse so he used them together. As on only child, DS does a lot of solo play, and this entertained him quite well. He still plays with it sometimes, and is not ready to "trade" it for newer toys.
We did not have any issues with the elevator, except to not like it much. I feel the telescope thing is more annoying than the elevator, as it doesn't stay on very well, nor move up and down easily.

AlbrightRC
11-09-2012, 03:55 PM
My son got this last year for christmas so when he was 3 1/2. He's not really super hero obsessed and actually until he got this didn't know much about them at all but for some reason he was drawn to it in the store. He still loves and plays with it alot a year later. Its often used in play with other toys like playmobil and "cars"

KrisM
11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
We have the older version too. It gets played with fairly often. He got it last Christmas at 3.5.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Imaginext-Super-Friends-Batcave/dp/B0015KSU9W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352492703&sr=8-2&keywords=batcave+imaginext

KDsMommy
11-09-2012, 04:50 PM
DS got the older version for his 4th birthday and it has gotten tons of play. It's still going strong!

TamiRuns
11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
DS2 got it last year for Xmas (he was 4 1/2) and has played with it a lot. In fact, he is requesting some other batman things this year to go with it. It's pretty big so if he didn't play with it, it would be gone. Looks like it'll be around a while longer. I saw a good deal on it at Kohls within the last few weeks. I wouldn't pay $59 for it. I believe I scored a deal on Amazon last year and only paid around $35.

Charlie
11-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Thank you all for the input! I thought he would be more interested in the castle given that he is always trying to build one with magnatiles but he caught sight of the batcave in a toy circular and keeps talking about Santa bringing him one. Based upon your reviews, Santa should just bring the kid what he asked for ;) I think I like the looks of the older model better but I will stalk sales and buy whatever I can find cheapest!

ahisma
11-10-2012, 01:53 AM
The older one is on sale at Kohls right now. It gets better reviews so we went with that one. 20% comes off in the cart and there's a coupon code for another 30% off on the bargains board.

Charlie
11-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks! Went ahead and picked it up at Kohls. It was an extra 20% off in the cart and I used a 15% off coupon (no Kohls CC), so not too bad! Plus, I wanted the older model more and was scared that if it sold out I would be out of luck. One present down - yay!