PDA

View Full Version : Need recc for moisturizing hand wash

daisymommy
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
I've neglected my poor hands. They look and feel awful. I've been using method hand soap, which is normally fine, but I wash my hands constantly, never put on lotion, or wear gloves. Bad combination.

I need to start using a moisturizing handwash I think, get some of the good lotions posted in the "luxuries" thread (Cerave and Vanicream), and start wearing my gloves outside!

So, handwash reccs?

trentsmom
11-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I do the same things to my hands! And with the drier air this time of year, my hands start to crack and bleed. :( I've started using liquid hand soap that says "moisturizing" on the label - Softsoap makes one with shea butter, and Giant sells a generic of it that I use, too. I try to remember to put a thick cream (like Vanicream or Cetaphil) on the tops of my hands before I go to bed, too.

Last summer at the farmer's market, I was talking to a man who was selling handmade soap about this problem. He said to wash with warm, not hot water.

sste
11-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Hands like a Glove lotion. It is incredible!! I used to spend all winter with bleeding hands.

amldaley
11-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Not a hand soap but we LOVE Gold Bond Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer...we keep it in the half bath and use it a few times a day after hand washing. It is effective w/out being excessive...and it smells nice, too (and I normally hate scented products!)

http://www.goldbondultimate.com/hand-sanitizer-moisturizer.html

MSWR0319
11-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I was just at the dermatologist Thursday and she told me to use the CeraVe moisturizing cleanser on my hands to wash followed by the lotion or cream.

daisymommy
11-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Hands like a Glove lotion. It is incredible!! I used to spend all winter with bleeding hands.

I just did an online search for it and couldn't find it...?

daisymommy
11-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I was just at the dermatologist Thursday and she told me to use the CeraVe moisturizing cleanser on my hands to wash followed by the lotion or cream.

Thanks! I still need to pick up the cream, so I'll look for the hand soap too.

sste
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh sorry, wrong name.

Gloves in a bottle. It is a miracle product. And I tried almost every hand cream under the sun prior!