PDA

View Full Version : Tablet

hbridge
11-09-2012, 06:57 PM
My Kindle Fire is NO LONGER working for me. I definitely need to upgrade.

My only computer is a desktop so I'm looking for a tablet with a keyboard and stand OR a small laptop that can double as a tablet.

DH is the tech person in the family so I'm deferring to him somewhat, but he is also not a fan of the IPAD. The ONLY reason I would go IPAD is because of the availability of apps for me and the kids. However, I assume there are similar apps for window devices.

Please recommend your tablet type device. It must be less than $700 (with keyboard).

Thanks so much.

katydid1971
11-09-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm not a computer person but my brother who is a total geek and makes his living in the industry is wild about the MS Surface, like like a tablet and a laptop in one.

georgiegirl
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
The new Microsoft tablet looks pretty cool. iPads will probably have greater longevity because of the support and iOS updates.

hellokitty
11-09-2012, 08:06 PM
How about the nexus 10?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

codex57
11-09-2012, 08:12 PM
No, you don't want a Windows tablet for its app selection right now.

You prolly want to wait period for a Windows tablet.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57547549-75/surface-tablets-touch-cover-splits-at-seam-users-gripe/

Android apps have greatly increased. If you're DH doesn't want an iPad, then get an Android tablet (like the Samsungs or a Google Nexus).

But why doesn't he want an iPad?

Nooknookmom
11-10-2012, 04:12 AM
My Kindle Fire is NO LONGER working for me. I definitely need to upgrade.

My only computer is a desktop so I'm looking for a tablet with a keyboard and stand OR a small laptop that can double as a tablet.

DH is the tech person in the family so I'm deferring to him somewhat, but he is also not a fan of the IPAD. The ONLY reason I would go IPAD is because of the availability of apps for me and the kids. However, I assume there are similar apps for window devices.

Please recommend your tablet type device. It must be less than $700 (with keyboard).

Thanks so much.

I have an Asus Transformer. I needed an attachable keyboard too & I have a love hate relationship to be honest (I hate that line!). I was asking the same question here a year ago.

They talked me into it at best buy when I went in for the iPad..at the time iPad keyboards weren't so useable for work & I needed this for work & recreation. I needed the Polaris office that came loaded on it too and I theory makes a little laptop with a to h screen. If only it were perfect! Oh and it has 2 USB ports AND removeable memory.

I don't like the android market tho!!! My first keyboard broke on day one-new one has hiccups. Tablet crashes a lot BUT it has flash and DD's reading egg program for kindy requires it to play-guess that's a bright spot!

It was at or a little under (w/ california tax but the ins plan put it over) for the tablet & keyboard. They have an Asus Prime now but I don't know if it is better. I may find out bc mine is crashing more and more!

I wish I had gotten the iPad - pros and cons of each!