PDA

View Full Version : It was your idea DH

niccig
11-10-2012, 04:26 AM
for me to work part-time as well as study. So don't huff and puff because I'm not coming to bed at decent time as you need a back massage. I have school work and paid work to do and I'm not sleeping for some time. I get you're tired and have a sore back...you're not the only one.

truly scrumptious
11-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Did I read that right? He is huffy because your school/work commitments got in the way of a BACK MASSAGE?!? Wow.
Hugs and strength to you as you juggle your (more important) commitments.

elephantmeg
11-11-2012, 03:17 AM
ugh. Just ugh. Sorry you're going through that...

KrisM
11-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Sorry. Sometimes they think you can really do it all for everyone.

crl
11-11-2012, 10:41 AM
I would be beyond furious.

Catherine

hillview
11-11-2012, 11:08 AM
oy. that would be annoying sorry!

niccig
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
The most annoying part is that he doesn't use his words to ask for a back rub. It's all these comments, gestures and it just annoys the heck out of me. It's been this way for 10 yrs and for 10 yrs I've told him. If you want a back rub, use your words and ask for it.

Last night DS did the same when I was reading to him in bed. He gets really close, turns around and puts his back right up to you and wiggles it. I ask him why. He says "I want you to scratch my back", yes but only when you get out of my face and in future you ASK me before you get up into my personal space.

GAH..the two of them do it and I HATE it.

lizzywednesday
11-12-2012, 11:50 AM
I thought I was the only person who had to sacrifice personal stuff to give a back massage ... when I could probably use one myself. (Honestly, I could use a whole freaking spa day once a month some months, but I'd settle for being able to pee by myself every now and again.)

I completely empathize.

brittone2
11-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I would totally have the urge to :6:

jal
11-13-2012, 05:27 PM
So DH was complaining because he didn't get a "back massage"... are you kidding me... or is that phrase being used for a euphamisim?

flashy09
11-13-2012, 06:21 PM
So DH was complaining because he didn't get a "back massage"... are you kidding me... or is that phrase being used for a euphamisim?

No, I really do think it is a true back massage!

niccig
11-14-2012, 01:30 AM
So the grumpiness over the back massage annoyed me (it was a real back massage). DH then had a long chat with DS about helping me this week as I have a lot due and told DH he would get a prize each day I gave a good report on DS's behavior. I didn't know about this initially and DS kept asking me "what can I do to help you mama?" or "I don't need any help, I can do this myself so you can study."

While I'm not a fan of bribery, I must say it is working.