PDA

View Full Version : Do I need stroller in Disney?

Maxlee
11-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Going to Disney in a few weeks with DD1 who will be 7 in a couple of months and DD2 who is 4. Do I need a stroller? (Single or double, rent or bring?). They haven't been in a stroller in a while but get tired pretty quickly (especially the little one). DH will not be with us in the parks the whole time so the last thing I want is both of them crying that they don't want to walk, ugh!

Strollers we have: P3 and a BJCMD

Twoboos
11-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I would say, get a small cheap umbrella stroller to bring. We went when DDs were 5 & 7, and I was so glad we brought a stroller. DD2 would tire out and ended up sick, so we could still push her around to get from one place to another. It really saved us. You could also plan on renting one, but they may be sold out when you need them.

Nicsmom
11-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I would rent it at Disney . Their strollers are very easy to maneuver, and the doubles are great for your kids ages because they are large. I took my 7 and 2 yo sons and they loved riding the large double stroller together, and it was a much faster and easier to take them from ride to ride in the stroller than it would have been walking.

Cam&Clay
11-10-2012, 10:27 AM
We rented at BJCM from www.strollermagic.com. Their customer service was amazing and we had the stroller the whole time we were there. If he was tired, we had the stroller to use all the way to the buses. It folded up quickly and was sturdy enough to handle all of our stuff.

I cannot recommend them enough. The Disney ones were usually gone when we went to the parks on late days.

WatchingThemGrow
11-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Wouldn't this be the perfect use for your P3 if you can push it with all that weight on it? A seat for the 4yo, and a step for the 6 year old. I hated pushing the BJCMD at Disney with my (i think, then 3&5 yo DC) The BJCED (which they rent there) pushes a LOT better.

How are you getting to/from the parks? That may make a difference in your needs. Bussing in? take something with an easy fold Walking from contemporary? air tires. Busy time like Thanksgiving or Christmas? something small but strong.

But yes, 4 year old at Disney - definitely take a stroller. 6 almost 7 year old- most likely they'll be happiest in something at the end of the day, esp. if the 4yo is riding.

infomama
11-10-2012, 11:34 AM
But yes, 4 year old at Disney - definitely take a stroller.

:yeahthat:

belovedgandp
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
We went last November with my 7 1/2 YO and 4 YO (he was a month shy of 4 1/2). We hadn't used a stroller at home, zoo, amusement park in two years, but I took my Maclaren Daytripper and I'm glad I did.

4YO could have done that much walking for a day, maybe two, but five days in a row would have been miserable for all of us. We would frequently park it in an area and be on foot for several hours before circling back to it while in the park, but getting in and out at the end of the day we needed it for transportation.

Also nice to have someplace for the stuff.

7 1/2 YO did really well walking as much as DH and I did with no issues.

hillview
11-10-2012, 04:40 PM
But yes, 4 year old at Disney - definitely take a stroller. 6 almost 7 year old- most likely they'll be happiest in something at the end of the day, esp. if the 4yo is riding.

I asked DS1 if he wanted one last year and he said no, he knew it was a lot of walking. He did great (my then 4 year old had a stroller). DS1 didn't complain except once (I felt like complaining too!).

georgiegirl
11-10-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm going next week and bringing a single Bob for a 3 year old and a 6.5 year old. One can ride in the footwell if the older one wants a ride too.

spunkybaby
11-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Wouldn't this be the perfect use for your P3 if you can push it with all that weight on it? A seat for the 4yo, and a step for the 6 year old.

Yes, we used the P3 for Disney when our DDs were a little older than your DDs, and it was perfect. IME people who say that you don't need a stroller at Disney have DC that are used to quite a bit of walking. If your DDs tire easily (as do mine), you will definitely want a stroller that they can both use.

hellokitty
11-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I would take the P3. We are going soon and last time I took a double (older boys were 6 and 7 at the time), now they are 7 and 8 and I am just bringing a single umbrella (probably a bare bones chicco, since we are flying, I'm afraid to bring my mac) for my 3 yr old. FWIW, they 6 and 7 yr old did take turns riding our double last time, but they probably would have been ok not riding.

bisous
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
P3 all the way! It is perfect for Disney. I like having a stroller just to haul all of my "stuff" so if the little one gets tired, bring a stroller for sure!

pomegranate
11-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, OP. We're headed to Disneyland tomorrow and DH and I disagree about bringing a stroller for DS, who is 5 and tires easily. I think we're going to go ahead and bring our lightweight Mac Volo and if we don't use it, we can always leave it in the hotel room.

edurnemk
11-13-2012, 08:56 PM
DS was a month shy of 4 when we went to WDW, I insisted on bringing our umbrella stroller (DH didn't think we'd need it) and it was a life saver. DS would get tired and want to ride, the long days with all that walking are very intense for a 4 yo. He hasn't napped since turning 3, but at WDW he did nap in the stroller several times, it also allowed us to stay late in the park for fireworks and stuff, since he could rest and sleep in the stroller.

So I would bring one or rent one, maybe not a double, but a single at least, definitely.

Twoboos
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, OP. We're headed to Disneyland tomorrow and DH and I disagree about bringing a stroller for DS, who is 5 and tires easily. I think we're going to go ahead and bring our lightweight Mac Volo and if we don't use it, we can always leave it in the hotel room.

This is the exact age we were at, and the exact stroller! Total life saver, I think even if she hadn't been sick.

DebbieJ
11-13-2012, 11:36 PM
DS1 was 6 yo when we went to WDW and he definitely needed the stroller. I would DEFINITELY take one!

pomegranate
11-19-2012, 02:47 AM
We just got back from 3 days at Disneyland and California Adventure. 5 yo DS, who hasn't been in a stroller in 12 months, totally used our Mac Volo every single day! I'm so glad we brought it. And even though you can rent a stroller in the park, you can't use it to walk your DC back to the hotel. Carrying a 5 yo just isn't possible for me for more than 5 minutes.