PDA

View Full Version : I need a new espresso maker

larig
11-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Our espresso make appears to have died. I need a new one. I don't think I want one of the pod system ones. I am partial to pump driven ones and would like to have a frothing wand. Any recs? Bonus points if it is under $250. My old one was a super old Briel Chamonix that I loved.

lovebebes
11-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Ill be watching this thread!

larig
11-16-2012, 09:10 AM
So, since we got no responses here, I asked on FB (I recently spent 10 years in Seattle, so I figured some of my friends from there would have answers--they did). One former barista friend suggested I look at Seattle Coffee Gear. She had a Silvia Rancilla machine that she loved. She got hers on craigslist, and suggested I look there (not an option where I live now, at least not relative to the buying options one would have in Seattle) or ebay too (in addition to SCG). She also specifically recommended Gaggia machines. I watched a lot of videos on the SCG site and wound up getting a refurbished Saeco Via Venezia machine. It ended up being about 1/2 retail price. They refurbish them in-house, and do repairs there, so I felt good about getting one of their refurbished units. It will be here on Monday, and I'm really excited.

larig
11-20-2012, 11:17 AM
got my new Saeco Via Venezia yesterday. It's great so far. I bought it refurbished, and it is BLEMISH-FREE!

gatorsmom
11-20-2012, 03:01 PM
got my new Saeco Via Venezia yesterday. It's great so far. I bought it refurbished, and it is BLEMISH-FREE!

enjoy! I'm not terribly picky about my espresso and lattes and am really happy with my Delonghi Latissima+. I just started using it again after a a break this summer.

Enjoy your "new" espresso maker!