PDA

View Full Version : iPad for reports/school work?

Twins2000
11-11-2012, 11:56 AM
I was considering getting iPads (Gen 2 or 3) for my 12 yr old dds for Christmas. Now that they're in 7th grade, and are required to do more using computers (Castle Learning, typing reports, etc.), they often "fight" over our Mac to work on their assignments. For those with iPads, do you think it could be successfully used in this manner? Or, should we consider buying another Mac for the family, so that we would have 2 "good" laptops to use? One of them wants a Kindle Fire, but I feel this would be a waste since they each already have a 3rd Gen iPod with lots of apps, plus my dh has a Nook Tablet which gets almost no use. Your thoughts, please?

crl
11-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I would not choose an iPad for generating written work of any length.

Catherine

o_mom
11-11-2012, 01:02 PM
A friend's HS is bring your own tech and they highly discouraged tablets of any sort. They just aren't meant for productivity. They ended up with a PC ultrabook (like a MacBook Air).

Jupiter
11-11-2012, 01:27 PM
I agree, I love my iPad but I would not use it for writing reports etc. it's has apps for that but is just not really designed that way, you are better off with a laptop/desktop.