PDA

View Full Version : Train table that converts to Lego table?

acmom
11-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Are there any tables that can accommodate both trains and Legos? Grandparents really want to buy a train table, but I am afraid it will get outgrown quickly, as DS is 2.5 and isn't super into trains.

ETA: other than a plain play table, which we already have. They are looking more at train specific tables.

Momit
11-11-2012, 04:55 PM
These tables do exist and have been discussed here somewhere. I believe the leg height is adjustable to work for taller kids building Lego towers. Also some tables have a top size that fits 6 Lego baseplates (or some number). There are also ones that have mesh bags in the center to catch Legos.

ETA Little Tikes, Nilo and Kidcraft sell tables on Amazon (search train and Lego table), but none have the adjustable height and I know I remember someone here talking about that feature

amybds
11-11-2012, 05:29 PM
We have a Nilo table that we used as a train table and are planning to make into a Lego/building table. Nilo sells a second set of longer legs to make the table higher. For trains, there's a thin plastic mat with a background. For Legos, you can buy base mats (what we'll probably do) or just use the Lego base plates. Hope that helps! :)