PDA

View Full Version : leappad2 or kindle fire

malphy
11-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Dd is 6 and iwant to get her some technology. We don't have video game systems at home but she likes to play in my Android phone. For the price I am leaning towards the fire because I think she would outgrow the leappad. But since I have no experience with either I would appreciate any input. Thanks

kristac
11-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I think I'd go with the fire. Much more versatile and the apps are cheaper.

fivi2
11-11-2012, 06:18 PM
My girls got a leap pad when they turned 6. They don't play with it tons, but the things they like aren't available on the Fire. They love the camera and video camera and creating "books" where they talk and add their own pictures. They can mess with the pictures they take. The games are somewhat educational, but mostly just fun.

The Fire is mine, but they only use it to play angry birds or that game with the word water in the title... (blanking on it right now). But I don't have many games on my Fire. They don't read on my Fire at all.

hellokitty
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
For a 6 yr old, I'd pick the Fire. DS3 got a leappad for his bday and I'm kind of lukewarm about it and think that something like a fire or apple itouch would be better suited for a school aged child.