PDA

View Full Version : Need foundation make-up recommendations with minimal chemicals

happy2bamom
11-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Beauticontrol make-up? Or do you have any other suggestions? I have dry, acne prone and sensitive skin. I need a foundation to cover all of my blemishes, but I worry about putting too many chemicals on my face. I'd love some suggestions. I mentioned Beauticontrol because a friend suggested it. TIA

stinkyfeet
11-11-2012, 11:24 PM
I've only tried their eyeshadow primer. While I was happy with it at the time, I did not repurchase (I just tend to get bored with products and like to try new ones).

I've heard a lot of good things about Jane Irdale products for people with sensitive skin.

http://www.dermstore.com/profile_Jane+Iredale_100098.htm

I have a sample size product of one of their blushes, and it is gorgeous. I think that they only sell their products at B&M physician offices and online though.

Otherwise, I would try a mineral-based products (like Bare Essentials or PUR minerals). They are easier to find at B&M stores.

I think that it might be a good idea to go to a dermatologist or aesthetician at a med spa to get your acne and skin issues under control before you start to put make up on top of it though. Like you mentioned, you could cause more problems for yourself.