PDA

View Full Version : Dear friend- go home!!

gatorsmom
11-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Dear friend, you always bring your son over for a playdate and leave. You never stay to chat. I was really counting on that, honestly. I was hoping you'd drop him off and I could back to scrubbing toilets and finishing laundry. I'm so far behind on everything. Another acceptable solution would be staying to chat for an hour and then coming back to get your son. But staying to chat for 3 and a half hour was not what I was expecting. I didn't get my bathrooms done, my laundry or clean out my refrigerator. I also
missed the earlier mass service I wanted to go to in an effort to go grocery shopping afterwards. And because I'm very low on groceries I couldn't invite you to stay for dinner but didn't feel comfortable preparing dinner in front of you. So you got to see Greenbean at his most amped up. You got to see me yelling at him when he would not stop hitting his sister. You got to judge me and how I handle my son with SPD. And oh joy, you got to offer some advice as to how I should handle him. This coming from a mom of one with no special needs.

At one point while she was at our house I yelled at every one of our kids. Gator wouldn't practice his math facts. Charlie thought his visiting friend only wanted to hang out with Gator his older brother so he holes himself in his room refusing to come out. Sisi was throwing marbles at everyone and greenbean was on sensory overload and refused to do anything to bring himself down. It was a freakin disaster. Man I need a stiff drink.

crl
11-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Wow, that's just weird gven that you always do drop off play dates AND that they stayed so long . And super annoying.

Catherine

jal
11-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry you didn't get the work done you were planning on. But I thought the purpose for play dates was so that the kids could socialize AND the parents socialize.

gatorsmom
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry you didn't get the work done you were planning on. But I thought the purpose for play dates was so that the kids could socialize AND the parents socialize.

I love to socialize with this friend and admittedly we havn't had much time to hang out together recently. But I wasn't prepared at all to chat with her for over 3 hours. And I had expected to keep Greenbean busy while his brother's friend was here. Since I couldn't keep hiim busy, he got overstimulated and crazy and bugged his brother and friend. It was just a fiasco. Next time I'll have to excuse myself with her to tend to Greenbean. He needs extra help in social situations, chatty mom friend or no chatty mom friend.