PDA

View Full Version : recommendations on gas stove cooktops?

DualvansMommy
11-12-2012, 12:22 AM
I tried to find the appropriate sub forum to post my question, but couldn't really find one...so i figured to put in with highest traffic as i'm completely and utterly confused :confused: over the selections of 30" stove cooktops.

We'll be renovating our kitchen after the holidays and got all other major appliances decided (mostly!) except for this??!! and just can't seem to decide, despite endless hours of research. So, I'd thought to ask for your recommedations from those of you who have gas cooktops in your kitchens.

It needs to be gas, 30" wide, easy easy to clean, stainless steel and has good BTU's with a feature of simmer temp.

TIA!

crl
11-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Have you tried the appliance forum at Gardenweb? There's a wealth of information there. I haven't ever done a cooktop, so have no suggestions to offer.

Catherine

Kindra178
11-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Love our Fisher and Paykel. It boils water in no time. I can't find a thirty inch model though.

DualvansMommy
11-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Have you tried the appliance forum at Gardenweb? There's a wealth of information there. I haven't ever done a cooktop, so have no suggestions to offer.

Catherine

Just posted my query there too yesterday! so far, it's brands i've read that has so so reviews....hence my confusion! but i agree, that website has been a wealth of infomation for me thus far.

DualvansMommy
11-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Love our Fisher and Paykel. It boils water in no time. I can't find a thirty inch model though.

Thanks! I think that lies in part of my problem in finding an ideal one...as most brands recommended to me often have 36 inch. i could swing that, but will lose valuable counterspace though. I guess ive to rethink my counter space again, if it's a cooktop i really fall in love with though.

smiles33
11-12-2012, 01:37 AM
We love our 36" Miele but it was not the first choice. DH literally took his favorite pots/pans with him to a local appliance store to test out layouts, as the brands vary in where they put the most powerful BTU burners and some of them have staggered burners (as opposed to 4 lined up burners).

Gardenweb is awesome but I find it can be overwhelming to dig through all those threads. I found I had to do some in-person recon to narrow down our needs before I could post a thread seeking help/feedback on Gardenweb.

Good luck finding a great cooktop!