PDA

View Full Version : Facebook's influence on how you do Christmas Cards

justlearning
11-12-2012, 03:26 AM
I just joined facebook 6 months ago, so now I'm wondering about its influence on Christmas cards. Nearly everyone that I would usually send a Christmas card to is a facebook friend of mine, so they've been seeing pics of our family the entire year and hearing what we've been up too.

If you're also a regular FB user, how does it affect what you do for Christmas cards? Specifically,

(1) Do you still mail out Christmas cards?

(2) If so, are you careful not to post any pics on FB that you might use on the Christmas card that you send out?

(3) Do you post some type of Christmas greeting with your nice family pic closer to Christmas so those who didn't receive a card can see it (or just do this, if you choose not to mail out cards)?

(4) Do you write a Christmas letter or short note (e.g., a few sentences) updating others about what your family's been up to or just sign your names on the cards?

(5) Do you think that being on FB has led to you in general to send out fewer or more Christmas cards than you did before being on FB?

ellies mom
11-12-2012, 03:49 AM
I send out more actually. Because I have been able to reconnect with old friends and cousins I don't see often, I now have current addresses. Plus, I've been slowly getting in touch with my husbands extended family. I would say my list expands by several addresses every year. I will ask a specific person sometimes, or I may just send out a general request.

When I make my card, I post it around Christmas Eve. I don't worry about someone seeing it twice and I don't worry about someone feeling hurt that they didn't get a card in the mail.

queenmama
11-12-2012, 06:40 AM
I send out more actually. Because I have been able to reconnect with old friends and cousins I don't see often, I now have current addresses. Plus, I've been slowly getting in touch with my husbands extended family. I would say my list expands by several addresses every year. I will ask a specific person sometimes, or I may just send out a general request.

When I make my card, I post it around Christmas Eve. I don't worry about someone seeing it twice and I don't worry about someone feeling hurt that they didn't get a card in the mail.

This is us, exactly!

Lara

maestramommy
11-12-2012, 08:30 AM
We still send out photocards to everyone on our list. I've thought about doing an e-photo card through smilebox or something. But we have a few friends and relatives who are not reachable this way and we don't mind doing the card. It's funny because our list seems to get a little longer each year!