PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Help, please

alien_host
11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm trying to sell an appliance on CL. At this point we just want it sold and taken away. I called one person back this AM who said it was for her father, would have him call me back to arrange details. I have no idea if and when they might call back.

Since then I have gotten 4-5 more inquiries. Would you just go down the line and call another person? The first person said they couldn't pick it up til later this week and did not commit to it.

I hate to wait the first person out and not be able to sell it so someone else. How do you usually handle these inquiries?

WWYD? Thanks!

smiles33
11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes, go on to the next inquiry. CL is all about first-come, first served. You want it out of there and she didn't promise to call back (and there are PLENTY of flakes on CL).

trcy
11-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes, go on to the next inquiry. CL is all about first-come, first served. You want it out of there and she didn't promise to call back (and there are PLENTY of flakes on CL).:yeahthat: When I was selling stuff on CL, I kicked myself more than once for waiting for someone to get back to me.

brittone2
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
:yeahthat: When I was selling stuff on CL, I kicked myself more than once for waiting for someone to get back to me.
:yeahthat: People flake out, etc. It is nice to try to give people a chance to respond, but don't risk kicking yourself. Just move on down your list.