PDA

View Full Version : Fifth (wood) wedding anniversary gift for DH?

MoeJoe
11-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Any ideas?? What did you give your husband? It's coming up in less than 2 weeks and I only thought of it today...

lizzywednesday
11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Hahahahaha ... I didn't get him anything, actually. I was crazy-busy in May (our anniversary is 5/5) due to rehearsals for my choir's Carnegie gig, so it was a bit crazy.

We celebrated by going out to dinner and a movie.

misshollygolightly
11-12-2012, 03:17 PM
How about a nice wooden clock? Or an engraved wooden frame or paperweight? You could do a little bonzai tree for his desk or office, for a fun twist on the "wood" theme.

wendibird22
11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
A wooden pen? Redenvelope has some made from baseball stadiums. A wooden framed photo or painting. Golf tees. A catch all/charging station for portable electronics.

I totally can't remember what I got DH that year. The alternative is silverware so I may have gotten him a kitchen gadget (he does most of the cooking). I recall he gave me wooden roses and spoons.

Pennylane
11-12-2012, 04:46 PM
A wooden picture frame with a nice photo of the two of you. I like the pen idea also!

Ann

BabyBearsMom
11-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Am I the only one snickering like a 12 year old about this? :love-retry:

I like the picture frame idea

tmahanes
11-12-2012, 11:30 PM

Raises hand! ! And you can only imagine the comments DH had about that!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

twowhat?
11-12-2012, 11:33 PM

You are most definitely not :bag In fact, I can't even think of something appropriate right now.

SnuggleBuggles
11-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Furniture of some sort? A porch swing or bench? Wooden hammock stand (holding a hammock, of course)? Canoe (though not many made out of wood nowadays)? Baseball bat?

Smillow
11-13-2012, 12:12 AM
A nice wooden cutting board?

amldaley
11-13-2012, 12:18 AM

Can't stop smirking....:waving4:

newnana
11-13-2012, 09:48 AM

Yeah, that's the gift my husband and I typically stick with, whether it's the 5 year or not. :ROTFLMAO:

Jen841
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
My husband is getting a 1/2 cord of firewood and a firewood rack for our anniversary.

Other ideas:
Wooden block with a message on it for his dresser/desk - I bought an engraved "I love you" block for my Grandpa he always had on his dresser (and now I have it)
Nice valet for his dresser
Shoe polishing box (DS uses his on Sunday nights as my Dad did)
Christian? Hand held Prayer Cross (my Grandma gave beautiful ones to my children they treasure)
Woodworking class

MoeJoe
11-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the ideas!
And I did laugh about the obvious one also, before posting- but wanted ideas so didn't bring it up! ;)

I do like some of the ideas suggested- but I actually found a great one that DH "wood" like and I definitely think its cute too: http://www.amazon.com/Wood-Thumb-Recycled-Wooden-Large/dp/B005R2FAFQ/?qid=1352745389&s=miscellaneous&sr=1-1&keywords=wood+tie&ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1

And hopefully he'll wear it when we go out for dinner. I HOPE! He already told me he has no time to buy me anything... I told him fine- just make sure he has the night free to spend time together...