PDA

View Full Version : Kidkraft Majestic Mansion or Sparkle Mansion

MMMommy
11-12-2012, 03:08 PM
A few families are chipping in for a Kidkraft dollhouse for a good friend's DD.

Between the Majestic Mansion and the Sparkle Mansion, which do you prefer? I know which one I prefer, but wanted to see what others think. Feel free to chime in on why you prefer one over the other.

Majestic Mansion
http://www.kidkraft.com/toys-and-playsets/dollhouses/dollhouses/65252

Sparkle Mansion
http://www.kidkraft.com/toys-and-playsets/dollhouses/dollhouses/65826

Thanks!

katydid1971
11-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Majestic for no reason than I like the look/colors better.

MMMommy
11-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Majestic for no reason than I like the look/colors better.

That is the one I prefer! I like the more traditional, understated look (and the house shape) of the Majestic. I think little girls might "oooh and aaaah" over the look of the Sparkle one because it is so pink and bright.

Rainbows&Roses
11-15-2012, 05:08 PM
I am trying to decide between the sparkle, majestic and soho townhouse. I think I would get tired of the sparkle color scheme.

So I think I am down to the majestic and the soho. I just came from Costco and they had the Soho put together. The kids loved it, but I was not thrilled with some of the plastic on it like the cruddy elevator.

Wish I could take elements of both and create my own house. Or maybe if I could just see the majestic IRl, then I could figure it out.

MMMommy
11-15-2012, 07:11 PM
I am trying to decide between the sparkle, majestic and soho townhouse. I think I would get tired of the sparkle color scheme.

So I think I am down to the majestic and the soho. I just came from Costco and they had the Soho put together. The kids loved it, but I was not thrilled with some of the plastic on it like the cruddy elevator.

Wish I could take elements of both and create my own house. Or maybe if I could just see the majestic IRl, then I could figure it out.

I hear you! I too have been thinking about the exact same ones, including the Soho. The Soho is $30 cheaper in the Costco warehouse at $149.99 versus $179.99 through Costco.com. FYI, the Sparkle dollhouse will be $30 off for Costco Black Friday, making it $149.99 during that time. I saw it listed in the Costco Black Friday pamphlet.

I am not big on the all pink look of the Sparkle one. It screams bright pink to me. Very Barbie-esque. I like the Soho and Majestic better than the Sparkle. The only off putting thing about the Soho for me is that it looks a tad 70's. sort of Brady Bunch looking walls.

The Majestic Mansion gets good reviews across the board.

Rainbows&Roses
11-15-2012, 10:00 PM
I hear you! I too have been thinking about the exact same ones, including the Soho. The Soho is $30 cheaper in the Costco warehouse at $149.99 versus $179.99 through Costco.com. FYI, the Sparkle dollhouse will be $30 off for Costco Black Friday, making it $149.99 during that time. I saw it listed in the Costco Black Friday pamphlet.

I am not big on the all pink look of the Sparkle one. It screams bright pink to me. Very Barbie-esque. I like the Soho and Majestic better than the Sparkle. The only off putting thing about the Soho for me is that it looks a tad 70's. sort of Brady Bunch looking walls.

The Majestic Mansion gets good reviews across the board.

The Soho was $159 at my costco today. I saw the same thing in the on-line catalog for the sparkle. My dd was making out her Santa list when we got home and I let her see pics of all 3 and she studied them and the videos of each product for a half hour and she picked the sparkle unfortunately. I am debating as to whether she gets her wish as that was 3rd on my list. The sparkle has no reviews either. The majestic was last on her list.

KDsMommy
11-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Definitely the Majestic. I like the shape of it and the color scheme and decor sooooo much more than the Sparkle. I also like that the elevator on the Majestic goes from the 2nd to 3rd floor as opposed to the Sparkle which goes from the 1st to 2nd floor.

KDsMommy
11-15-2012, 10:25 PM
deleted

MMMommy
11-16-2012, 12:16 PM
For those that are interested, the Kidkraft Majestic Mansion is now $140 at Walmart.com with free ship to home or store. The lowest I've seen has been $155 lately.

Rainbows&Roses
11-20-2012, 12:47 AM
The sparkle is up at costco.com for the BF prices early.