PDA

View Full Version : Hotels near Sea World San Diego & other attractions?

jenrub
11-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm looking into accommodations like Hyatt Mission Bay around Dec 18-27 except X'mas eve & day for an overnight stay. Anyone have any suggestions aside from Hyatt or Paradise Point that is decent ---price and quality wise of the hotel? There's The Dana and Bahia that I was online. Has anyone have any experience with these two? Is Mission Bay the only place that's close?

Also, what other attractions can we go around San Diego that will cater to a 3 yr old mainly along with two 1 yr olds?

TIA!

sariana
11-12-2012, 04:46 PM
We like to stay at the Homewood Suites on Laning Road. I don't know how prices are because we always use points.

But the whole area there by the airport, on what used to be the military base, is well located for SeaWorld and Balboa Park/zoo.

mom2binsd
11-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Liberty Village is newer development and has lots of shops and restaurants.

I think a lot of families like the Hyatt on Mission Bay.

I don't think Paradise Point is fun for kids, they do a lot of corporate meetings.

The Bahia is fun in summer with it's water access but it'll be way to cold in Dec. to swim.

Nothing in San Diego is very far, even staying at Hotel Circle is only about 15 min to Sea World, straight shot down the 8 Freeway.

The Zoo would be lots of fun for your little ones, just make sure you have a good stroller, lots of walking and a few hills.

Balboa Park is fun to roam around.

StantonHyde
11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
We are going at that time too! But we have done Sea World so we will be going to the zoo and Balboa Park and tidepooling--we will only be three days. I did not like staying at the Mission Bay Homewood Suites--we were there 3 years ago and it was hard to get to the freeway and there weren't many shops that were easily located--I think it has changed quite a bit--there was a lot of construction going on. We also went to Legoland, which was amazing. But something tells me it will be ungodly crowded and I would not wait in long lines at that place.

This time I wanted to stay at the Residence Inn Downtown or the Gaslamp. But they had no 2 BR suites available. So we are at the RI in La Jolla. It was either that or some place that seemed to be strip mall hell. But the strip mall place was cheaper.

Tondi G
11-16-2012, 08:25 PM
The Hilton on Mission Bay is supposedly nice as well. Our boys LOVE the Hyatt Mission Bay. I don't think you want to stay at the Dana (I've read some bad reviews). Our neighbors stayed at the Catamaran one summer and liked it well enough. There is also Coronado ... the Loews or the Marriott ... or the Del of course.

We stayed up by Legoland at the Mar Brisa resort and it was nice.... they have 1 bedrooms with full kitchens. It is very close to the newer Sheraton.

This site might be helpul for you

www.localwally.com

jenrub
12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Per OP's suggestion, we booked a 2Bdr suite at Homewood Suites on Laning Road since we are 2 families. We are looking forward to the stay so hopefully it's family friendly--- both the hotel and area.

sariana
12-08-2012, 11:44 AM
We always see lots of families when we stay there. My kids love it, but they are pretty easy to please. They like to travel. But they do talk about the "Duck Hotel" more than any other. (The logo is some sort of a duck.)

urquie
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Per OP's suggestion, we booked a 2Bdr suite at Homewood Suites on Laning Road since we are 2 families. We are looking forward to the stay so hopefully it's family friendly--- both the hotel and area.

How did you like it?