PDA

View Full Version : when did you stop using baby products?

AnnieW625
11-12-2012, 03:41 PM
shower/bath gel, lotions, etc.

Just curious.

maestramommy
11-12-2012, 03:48 PM
We still use Burts Bees baby shampoo/wash. And their bubble bath. We use Cetaphil and Aquaphor on their skin (not baby products per se, though I know they are used on a lot of little ones).

s7714
11-12-2012, 03:52 PM
I didn't switch hair products until they were old enough to get the concept of keeping their eyes closed during rinsing, but I honestly can't remember what age that was! Body wash was probably about age 3, when they started asking to use my scented stuff.

DS is about 20 months and I'm still using baby stuff because anything else causes his excema patches to start showing back up.

mikeys_mom
11-12-2012, 03:59 PM
My girls have super thick hair - twins have curls, DD1 has straightish. For all three of them, at around age 2.5 I switched to regular shampoo/conditioner because the baby stuff was just not cutting it. I couldn't find a "kids" brand that I liked and was reasonably priced. The cheaper ones all have ridiculous scents and the higher end stuff is way too expensive for me, especially with the large quantities we use here. I just tell them to close their eyes when I rinse.

ncat
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
DH uses baby shampoo to wash his eyes.
DS hasn't really used it for about a year now -uses DD's kid shampoo or my adult shampoo.

fedoragirl
11-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I switched DD to regular shampoo at 2.5. We still use baby washes.

liz
11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
DH uses baby shampoo to wash his eyes.

ncat, is this a typo? sorry, I must be tired because it made me giggle

We have always used Dove sensitive skin soap for washing up the kids and Eucerin lotion, so I don't plan on changing that. We do use J+J baby wash for their hair. I stockpiled a bunch of it and we are almost done with my stash. DS1 doesn't want me to buy anything else because he loves the smell, so I am not sure when we will stop.

hillview
11-12-2012, 06:42 PM
I purchased a 1 gallon jug of CA baby shampoo a couple of years ago (our second). We will keep using that til it runs out. After that not sure what we will use.

lalasmama
11-12-2012, 11:16 PM
DD still uses baby bath for shower gel, and she's approaching 9. We both just love the smells.

She's been using regular shampoo for a while, maybe 2 years?

amldaley
11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
ncat, is this a typo? sorry, I must be tired because it made me giggle

We have always used Dove sensitive skin soap for washing up the kids and Eucerin lotion, so I don't plan on changing that. We do use J+J baby wash for their hair. I stockpiled a bunch of it and we are almost done with my stash. DS1 doesn't want me to buy anything else because he loves the smell, so I am not sure when we will stop.

I can't speak for ncat but I do it too. There is a popular treatment for blepharitis that you wash your eyes with J & J baby shampoo. My opthamologist has me doing it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2100859_wash-way-do-eyelid-scrubs.html

amldaley
11-12-2012, 11:26 PM
We stopped around age 2 when I learned how bad the stuff we were using was (Aveeno Baby). We use Cetaphil cleanser body wash and we use Desert Organics for shampoo and conditioner.

citymama
11-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Still use it. Currently it's Aquaphor wash and CA baby conditioner.

ncat
11-13-2012, 07:40 AM
I can't speak for ncat but I do it too. There is a popular treatment for blepharitis that you wash your eyes with J & J baby shampoo. My opthamologist has me doing it.

This exactly. DH has been using baby shampoo for more than 20 years. We will always have it in our house.

liz
11-13-2012, 09:37 AM

This exactly. DH has been using baby shampoo for more than 20 years. We will always have it in our house.

I never heard of that, thanks for clarifying. I am always learning something new on the BBB!

marymoo86
11-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Use Dr. Bronner's baby mild so don't really anticipate switching any time in the near future.

TwinFoxes
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I figure when they finally start bathing themselves they'll probably have preferences on what to use. Right now, it's what I buy, currently Say Yes baby products.

Never heard of that eye thing before!