PDA

View Full Version : project based learning in high school

Globetrotter
11-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I love the idea of project based learning - it just makes sense to me - but I was wondering if anyone knows if it is effective at the high school level. My concern is do they still cover everything they need to know and prepare them for college admissions.

If anyone knows or has experience in this environment, I would love to hear from you!

edurnemk
11-12-2012, 08:40 PM
I went to an IB shool, and a lot if not most is project based. I loved it, i was very well prepared for college, in fact I was at the top of my class and I felt I had an advantage over students that didn't attend IB schools. I feel my problem-solving and critical thinking skills were really strengthened by the IB system.

I purposeully searched for an IB school for my kids (it's a preK-12 school) it's a must for me after having experienced it myself.

ahisma
11-12-2012, 10:31 PM
My DD is in a project based learning high school, it has been truly amazing for her. I'm headed out the door now, but will post more info in the morning. It's probably the best thing that we have ever done for her; it far exceeded my expectations.

Globetrotter
11-12-2012, 10:46 PM
I would love to hear more!! This is a charter but not an IB.