PDA

View Full Version : Help: Which carseat for a 4 yr old?

ckso
11-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I need to get a new carseat for DD (her current boulevard will be used by DD2). I'm a little confused on which to get. At first I was just going to buy another boulevard but then realized I'm better off buying one that converts to a booster for later?

So DD just turned 4, is 35 lbs and 41". We drive a mid-sized sedan. What's a good carseat?

Should I get another Boulevard? Britax Frontier 85? The Frontier SICT? Any other??

Any thoughts pro and con would be greatly appreciated.

For those that have the Frontier, does the cup holders get in the way??

Joolsplus2
11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
We love our Frontier, it's a great seat for a 4 year old :).
I suppose leaving a full cup on the door side would be an issue (if they climb over it and knock it over), but cups should hold up ok on the not-climbing-in side :). The SICT is a nice choice if you have a super wide back seat (really, a captain's chair so it's never next to another person/seat who might not fit next to the exterior airbags), but the regular one is a fine safe choice, too.

Dream
11-12-2012, 08:56 PM
We have a frontier in the mini van and a boulevard in the car. DD who is 4 rides on both. I prefer the frontier over the boulevard, it much easier to get in and out of. And the cup holders come handy when traveling long distance. We need to get another car seat for DD2 and we are planning on buying another frontier for the car and move the boulevard to the minivan fr DD2. At 4 years, I think you'll get more use out of a frontier.